• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCs service to the CUK community - I'm testing Spain to see if its safe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats the problem with this government, nothing is consistent.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Oh yes. I missed that. I had stupidly assumed the guidance was consistent across the two and didn't read two paragraphs down.

I'm off to Seville anyway. Rate per 100k people is 11, lower than the UK.
    Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Scotland does not have a health covid policy, it has political policy based on an UK covid health policy.

"I dont care if England can go to Spain, it is not safe"
      "OK you can go to Spain now, Spain is safe"
      "England has said Spain is unsafe"
      "I told you Spain was unsafe"

Comment

No-one in their right mind will go on a holiday if there's a risk they leave when it's safe but still have to quarantine on return. Can't see employers (for the people with real jobs) being very accommodating.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          No-one in their right mind will go on a holiday if there's a risk they leave when it's safe but still have to quarantine on return. Can't see employers (for the people with real jobs) being very accommodating.
          This...
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just got back from Spain (Mallorca) this evening so it's two weeks quarantine for me and the family.

Not really a problem as I'm WFH and eldest is swatting for the 11 plus.

Everyone is using masks in Spain, very sensibly and the hotel was cleaned manically all day.

Got here and hardly anyone outside the airport is using masks - the lift buttons made my skin crawl they were so filthy.

A load of nonsense; Spain is controlling COVID-19 very well.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
              Just got back from Spain (Mallorca) this evening so it's two weeks quarantine for me and the family.

Not really a problem as I'm WFH and eldest is swatting for the 11 plus.

Everyone is using masks in Spain, very sensibly and the hotel was cleaned manically all day.

Got here and hardly anyone outside the airport is using masks - the lift buttons made my skin crawl they were so filthy.

A load of nonsense; Spain is controlling COVID-19 very well.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                It's ok, it's not spread by siberian hamsters.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The Brits who's life has been turned upside down overnight | Daily Mail Online

Self-employed IT technician Nick Madeley, 41, pictured with his wife wife Alison, 49, and five-year-old daughter Ellie. He is returning from Majorca to East Midlands Airport today, but is now having to pay contractors to take on his jobs because he can no longer complete them

Comment

Was moronic idea to go on foreign holiday in the middle of the biggest deadly world wide pandemic since “Spanish” flu.

Shows poor judgement, total disregard for people working with them, even endangering JobCenter+ staff

Comment

Holidaymakers returning from Spain asked to take Covid test over fears virus could be imported into the UK

“ Close to 1.8 million holidays were likely to have been thrown into chaos by the move, according to travel company The PC Agency, which analysed the number of seats booked on flights leaving the UK for Spain between July 26 and Aug 31. ”

Jesus Christ - 1.8 mln!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X