• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCs service to the CUK community - I'm testing Spain to see if its safe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    And only a few miles from the Cumbre Vieja ridge on La Palma, which is poised to collapse, triggering a mega-tsunami hundreds of meters high!

TBF, if that lot goes then the safest place to be, assuming you weren't on top of that part of the mountain, is .. La Palma!

Like everyone else I think Psychocandy is completely barking mad going to Spain ATM, and probably the last weeks' events have proved us right!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
      Just got back from Spain (Mallorca) this evening so it's two weeks quarantine for me and the family.

Not really a problem as I'm WFH and eldest is swatting for the 11 plus. ...
      Is your eldest studying advanced fly killing techniques? It's amazing what is taught in schools these days.

In my day we'd swot for the 11 plus
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Was moronic idea to go on foreign holiday in the middle of the biggest deadly world wide pandemic since “Spanish” flu.
        That's why we're holidaying in the UK this week. But we drove here.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Holidaymakers returning from Spain asked to take Covid test over fears virus could be imported into the UK

“ Close to 1.8 million holidays were likely to have been thrown into chaos by the move, according to travel company The PC Agency, which analysed the number of seats booked on flights leaving the UK for Spain between July 26 and Aug 31. ”

Jesus Christ - 1.8 mln!!!
          Got some left over tinfoil here if you want me to make you a hat....

Or are you happy with your head under the quilt for these past few months.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

What was so fooking life critical to fly and visit friends in another country
            Nah went for holiday. Criticial I had some sun and beer.

Comment

Its a shambles mind.
              You have to fill in the details on an app. Great if you've got a smartphone and internet access.

There were a few people in our place. Asked the rep "Oh you can get the form when you arrive". On the plane, "you can get the form at the airport".

Get to BHX at almost midnight. No forms. Border people dont have any forms, not interested. Told a few people not their job to do this. Airport closing, no customs either.
              So what happens - a ton of people just get their bags and go home - no record of them now. Great system!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Nah went for holiday. Criticial I had some sun and beer.
                There's been more sun in Germany (and the UK by the looks of it) and the beer is better, next...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                X