• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news for the World

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news for the World

Fertility rate: 'Jaw-dropping' global crash in children being born - BBC News

The world is ill-prepared for the global crash in children being born which is set to have a "jaw-dropping" impact on societies, say researchers.

Falling fertility rates mean nearly every country could have shrinking populations by the end of the century.

OMG, there will only be about 10,000,000,000 humans left if this is true!

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Fertility rate: 'Jaw-dropping' global crash in children being born - BBC News

OMG, there will only be about 10,000,000,000 humans left if this is true!

It's 'a good thing', but the aging population profile will be tough as it works through.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      It's 'a good thing', but the aging population profile will be tough as it works through.
      Not with Covid it won't be ...

Comment

China will oblige with that problem, don't worry.

Comment

I think that the "Women" having less children is a bit of a poor header, tbh.

It's very complex, I'm no expert, but my "mate" is, he was doing research for a uni years ago and a lot of it was to do with falling male fertility levels and it was linked, unlinked to so many potential causes . The argument was a combination of sociological reasons, but mainly scientific & environmental reasons for a big fall in male fertility levels in the 90s.

Comment

All sitting in front of screens having a .. instead.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Not with robots waiting on us hand and foot
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                All sitting in front of screens having a .. instead.
                I don't think you've a finite amount tho, or I'd be sterile by 16!

Comment

Peak population is expected (best case) 2040 at 8.1 billion up to.... Well, here's a graph of the UN's predictions.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Peak population is expected (best case) 2040 at 8.1 billion up to.... Well, here's a graph of the UN's predictions.

Are you saying we should be buying or selling right now?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X