• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BREAKING: Twitter hacked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamesBrown11 View Post
    Yes you are right. Can you remove breaking from the title?

I could remove it from the title, but I won't. In the same way I can stop users from posting spam, etc.

I wonder how many people claiming that Twitter is biased against their opinions are the same ones who wear face masks to hide them from being recognised when they wave their guns around, but won't wear masks if it's to protect others?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Sounds disgraceful, the idea of cutting down spam and confirming users.
      Never happens on CUK - admin, watch out, your Section 230 priviledges might be revoked

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I could remove it from the title, but I won't. In the same way I can stop users from posting spam, etc.

I wonder how many people claiming that Twitter is biased against their opinions are the same ones who wear face masks to hide them from being recognised when they wave their guns around, but won't wear masks if it's to protect others?
        There are probably hundreds of hidden camera recordings of twitter employees talking about how they carry out purges against conservative posters.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          There are probably hundreds of hidden camera recordings of twitter employees talking about how they carry out purges against conservative posters.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            A lawyer organised a team of folk in 2017 to target the employees outside work and they all spilled the beans. There are hunners of recordings.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
              Not if they are marketing their service as an agnostic platform. Manipulating the content to their own ends puts them squarely into the "publisher" category and under the remit of IPSO.
              I agree, my trolling should have been more obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                I agree, my trolling should have been more obvious.
                My bad.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  A lawyer organised a team of folk in 2017 to target the employees outside work and they all spilled the beans. There are hunners of recordings.

Comment

Just found out some **** has taken over my Twitter account, and started tweeting intelligent and interesting things.

Comment

Quite an absence of detail from the posts here. No accounts were compromised, in the individual traditional sense of a targeted hack at users.

Multiple admin panels were compromised and so this gave access to any account. The hackers just so happened to target political targets, what the US call "left wing" but what we in the UK would call centre right.

Conservative views aren't stifled, it's just there isn't all that much to them. They wish to put a lid on the frothing progression that takes place in countries, but they can only stifle it, not stop it. What's happening to Trans people now is what happened to gay people in the past. It surprises me that people don't take a more centrist and balanced viewpoint and instead get paranoid (see our own user 'minstrone' for that sort of half-cut regular rubbish) and think there's some "liberal agenda" out to get them.

The future of policy is guided by the youth - it's always been this way. They are an indicator, at present, of a more inclusive future, in which we don't just people by the physical body they were born with but the brain they possess and their faculties. Seems fair to me. It'll also do wonders for equity and, as a start, equality. Very, very few Transgender people, for example, are also alt right or right wing. I presume that's because the stifling of progress of various minorities is explicitly unfair to them and the right wing try to maintain things are they are now, or even head backwards in time in some cases. Idolising the past is silly, the further back we go in time the worse life was for minorities.

Twitter aren't a publisher. Users publish tweets as individual publishers with twitter just being the conduit platform. Patrolling the platform to stop malicious information, links to malware sites and everything else in between is a laborious job and one I'm sure none of us envy.

Comment

Working...
                      X