• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BREAKING: Twitter hacked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
    ...What's happening to Trans people now is what happened to gay people in the past...
    It's really not. That you think that it might be indicates -- at least to me -- that you have not been following the discussion on this particular subject.
    Last edited by wattaj; 17 July 2020, 12:00. Reason: Clarity.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Quite an absence of detail from the posts here. No accounts were compromised, in the individual traditional sense of a targeted hack at users.

Multiple admin panels were compromised and so this gave access to any account. The hackers just so happened to target political targets, what the US call "left wing" but what we in the UK would call centre right.

Conservative views aren't stifled, it's just there isn't all that much to them. They wish to put a lid on the frothing progression that takes place in countries, but they can only stifle it, not stop it. What's happening to Trans people now is what happened to gay people in the past. It surprises me that people don't take a more centrist and balanced viewpoint and instead get paranoid (see our own user 'minstrone' for that sort of half-cut regular rubbish) and think there's some "liberal agenda" out to get them.

The future of policy is guided by the youth - it's always been this way. They are an indicator, at present, of a more inclusive future, in which we don't just people by the physical body they were born with but the brain they possess and their faculties. Seems fair to me. It'll also do wonders for equity and, as a start, equality. Very, very few Transgender people, for example, are also alt right or right wing. I presume that's because the stifling of progress of various minorities is explicitly unfair to them and the right wing try to maintain things are they are now, or even head backwards in time in some cases. Idolising the past is silly, the further back we go in time the worse life was for minorities.

Twitter aren't a publisher. Users publish tweets as individual publishers with twitter just being the conduit platform. Patrolling the platform to stop malicious information, links to malware sites and everything else in between is a laborious job and one I'm sure none of us envy.
      Elon Musk is left wing?

Elon Musk’s Donations to Republicans Spark Yet Another Controversy | Fortune

The left and right stifle; the trans movement itself is one of the more militant left factions - try expressing the opinion that you're cool with trans people, but not so much with trans women competing in the Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
        It's really not. That you think that it might indicates -- at least to me -- that you have not been following the discussion on this particular subject.
        Yes, they're asking for formal changes to their birth certificate in recognition of their transitioning, but they're not asking for it to be an immediate right at their time of their own choosing, but instead after many years of transitioning and living in the gender they feel they always mentally were.

In terms of derision from the alt and far right wing, that ebbs into the right wing, people don't want their children educated on what these people (which is what they are, remember) experience, what it means to be gay/trans/<insert> and some of the prejudice they face. Education tends to resolve a lot of issues if started from a young age.

Some many deny this, but there are people - generally considered right wing or beyond right wing, who think homosexuality/trans/etc is a trend or fashion and that if their children are educated to recognise these people and their issues then their kids will perhaps end up becoming gay/transitioning themselves as a result of this education. Given that people are considered to be born this way - as is reported by those groups, which is who we should be listening to - I take issue with people who don't understand the ins and outs of gay/trans/etc thinking they know best on what's right for those minority groups. Those groups know best what is suitable for themselves.

I don't doubt that old fashioned views come into it or the tiring "fear of the other", but ultimately: who really cares if trans people can change birth certificate to another gender after many years living as that gender? It doesn't affect any of us, but does mean that their passports and society dictate to them that they can never be seen as the gender they are, resulting in discrimination, because humans enjoy a bit of prejudice, especially in the work place.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
          Elon Musk is left wing?

Elon Musk’s Donations to Republicans Spark Yet Another Controversy | Fortune

The left and right stifle; the trans movement itself is one of the more militant left factions - try expressing the opinion that you're cool with trans people, but not so much with trans women competing in the Olympics.
          Did you read what I wrote? I stated that over there they call anybody "left wing" who is left of the alt right or right wing. Elon musk has such varied viewpoints over the years, judging by his public broadcasts, that he can be called a flip-flopper who seems to hover around the centre viewpoint (in an international context of left-centre-right wing.)

Comment

Yes, they're asking for formal changes to their birth certificate in recognition of their transitioning, but they're not asking for it to be an immediate right at their time of their own choosing, but instead after many years of transitioning and living in the gender they feel they always mentally were.

In terms of derision from the alt and far right wing, that ebbs into the right wing, people don't want their children educated on what these people (which is what they are, remember) experience, what it means to be gay/trans/<insert> and some of the prejudice they face. Education tends to resolve a lot of issues if started from a young age.

Some many deny this, but there are people - generally considered right wing or beyond right wing, who think homosexuality/trans/etc is a trend or fashion and that if their children are educated to recognise these people and their issues then their kids will perhaps end up becoming gay/transitioning themselves as a result of this education. Given that people are considered to be born this way - as is reported by those groups, which is who we should be listening to - I take issue with people who don't understand the ins and outs of gay/trans/etc thinking they know best on what's right for those minority groups. Those groups know best what is suitable for themselves.

I don't doubt that old fashioned views come into it or the tiring "fear of the other", but ultimately: who really cares if trans people can change birth certificate to another gender after many years living as that gender? It doesn't affect any of us, but does mean that their passports and society dictate to them that they can never be seen as the gender they are, resulting in discrimination, because humans enjoy a bit of prejudice, especially in the work place.
            The more that you post, the more ignorance of the subject that you reveal.
            Last edited by wattaj; 17 July 2020, 12:15. Reason: Clarity.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Did you read what I wrote? I stated that over there they call anybody "left wing" who is left of the alt right or right wing. Elon musk has such varied viewpoints over the years, judging by his public broadcasts, that he can be called a flip-flopper who seems to hover around the centre viewpoint (in an international context of left-centre-right wing.)
              Yes, I read it. You stating something (an opinion) doesn't mean it's an objective truth (your posting style follows this theme) - Musk has transitioned right, even forayed into populism, in my opinion.

Comment

The hackers just so happened to target political targets, what the US call "left wing" but what we in the UK would call centre right.
                Musk: republican donor
                Kanye: potential republican nominee and Trump fanboy
                Michael Bloomberg: flip flops
                Buffett: arguably doesn't pigeon hole himself, like anyone with brains
                Mayweather: make your own mind up, doesn't seem like he cares about trans issues: Floyd Mayweather: Donald Trump Is a '&#39;'Real Man'&#39;' for P---y Grabbing Comments | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Comment

Quite an absence of detail from the posts here. No accounts were compromised, in the individual traditional sense of a targeted hack at users.

Multiple admin panels were compromised and so this gave access to any account. The hackers just so happened to target political targets, what the US call "left wing" but what we in the UK would call centre right.

Conservative views aren't stifled, it's just there isn't all that much to them. They wish to put a lid on the frothing progression that takes place in countries, but they can only stifle it, not stop it. What's happening to Trans people now is what happened to gay people in the past. It surprises me that people don't take a more centrist and balanced viewpoint and instead get paranoid (see our own user 'minstrone' for that sort of half-cut regular rubbish) and think there's some "liberal agenda" out to get them.

The future of policy is guided by the youth - it's always been this way. They are an indicator, at present, of a more inclusive future, in which we don't just people by the physical body they were born with but the brain they possess and their faculties. Seems fair to me. It'll also do wonders for equity and, as a start, equality. Very, very few Transgender people, for example, are also alt right or right wing. I presume that's because the stifling of progress of various minorities is explicitly unfair to them and the right wing try to maintain things are they are now, or even head backwards in time in some cases. Idolising the past is silly, the further back we go in time the worse life was for minorities.

Twitter aren't a publisher. Users publish tweets as individual publishers with twitter just being the conduit platform. Patrolling the platform to stop malicious information, links to malware sites and everything else in between is a laborious job and one I'm sure none of us envy.
                  Mods!! SAS is making dull sockies again to abuse me in my safe space.

Comment

Working...
                  X