• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BREAKING: Twitter hacked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BREAKING: Twitter hacked

BREAKING: Twitter's internal systems and tools have been hacked.

Official response: https://twitter.com/TwitterSupport/s...91846464233474

Many high-profile accounts have been compromised.

Hackers also exposed screenshots of Twitter's admin panel that has options to censorship content, including trends and search.

This could potentially strip Twitter of their section 230 protections as they could now be classed as publisher.

I'd like to see that control panel. I've suspected Twitter censorship and manipulation of accounts and tweets for sometime. IMHO, Twitter are not honest brokers of information where they have a particular interest.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

We'll only really know Twatter has been hacked when Donald Trump posts something insightful, sensible or intelligible.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
        I'd like to see that control panel. I've suspected Twitter censorship and manipulation of accounts and tweets for sometime. IMHO, Twitter are not honest brokers of information where they have a particular interest.
        It's their platform and they're a private company, they can manipulate the flow of data through as they see fit!

Comment

Did Scooty send them $1000 ?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Not really "Breaking news" it happened 12+ hours ago, and plenty of rumours going round concerning what the hackers did (or did not) do.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
              It's their platform and they're a private company, they can manipulate the flow of data through as they see fit!
              Not if they are marketing their service as an agnostic platform. Manipulating the content to their own ends puts them squarely into the "publisher" category and under the remit of IPSO.
              Last edited by wattaj; 16 July 2020, 15:25. Reason: Clarity.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Not really "Breaking news" it happened 12+ hours ago, and plenty of rumours going round concerning what the hackers did (or did not) do.
                Yes you are right. Can you remove breaking from the title?

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                  Not if they are marketing their service as an agnostic platform. Manipulating the content to their own ends puts them squarely into the "publisher" category and under the remit of IPSO.
                  Manipulating content - what’s that - editing uneditable tweets to change meaning?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesBrown11 View Post
                    Twitter's admin panel that has options to censorship content, including trends and search.

This could potentially strip Twitter of their section 230 protections as they could now be classed as publisher.
                    So, if they suspect someone is a spammer, they can prevent that person from flooding twitter to get their topics trending while they check that user out.

Sounds disgraceful, the idea of cutting down spam and confirming users.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X