• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property Sale & Conveyance Query

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    Hi

I agreed on sale of my property (status Under Offer), but haven't found my next house yet.
    OK, then take your house off the market, cancel the sale and annoy everyone else in the chain, or sell up and rent until you find what you're looking for.

Should I still go ahead and engage solicitors on sale of my property or need to wait until I found my next house to engage solicitors..??
    The problem with telling lies is that you have to remember your lies.
    In January you said you had engaged a solicitor.

If I can't find a house suitable for me I am not planning to sell my house.
    Then take your house off the market and stop wasting everyone's time. It appears you want a perfect chain, but are not prepared to do anything to make the chain work at all.

In the past I found what I wanted but them I couldn't find a buyer for my house at that time & sale couldn't proceed. Thanks.
    OK, if you find what you want and you are able to sell your house easily, then look at getting a bridging loan. Allows you to buy the second house while waiting to sell yours.
    Of course, we know you won't do that, in the same way you will continue to destroy the chain, upset the person who thinks they are actually buying your house and still get banned from mumsnet.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hi

I agreed on sale of my property (status Under Offer), but haven't found my next house yet. Should I still go ahead and engage solicitors on sale of my property or need to wait until I found my next house to engage solicitors..?? If I can't find a house suitable for me I am not planning to sell my house.

In the past I found what I wanted but them I couldn't find a buyer for my house at that time & sale couldn't proceed. Thanks.
      Are you saying as a contractor you only have one house?
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        hey all the houses sold in days and offers were accepted, ask yourself why your experience was different?
        https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...neighbour.html

Could be a coincidence...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

No issue with two separate transactions.
          You are chain free effectively on T2 so in a better position.
          My advice man up grow a pair get your face mask on and for gawds sake find a property that meets with your exacting standards.
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
            No issue with two separate transactions.
            You are chain free effectively on T2 so in a better position.
            My advice man up grow a pair get your face mask on and for gawds sake find a property that meets with your exacting standards.
            You are more patient than most here....
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              You are more patient than most here....
              No ..I wasn't sitting idle. Been in the market for last 1 year. Found 3 properties I liked. But none of those agencies accepted my offer at that time saying my house is Not SOLD. Before covid I sold my house by that time properties I liked all disappeared or Sold. So I took 1 month to find another one by that time Covid came.

After lockdown I found house and price agreed and then my buyer disappeared so that didn't proceed. Now I got a new buyer no properties I like available!!

Last time I didn't even instruct solicitor and told agency I w ill not instruct solicitor until I find a property. This time I am not sure I should instruct solicitors and let their survey go ahead while I search...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

and no..I am not selling due to my 'nice & friendly' neighbour!

Comment

Working...
                X