• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property Sale & Conveyance Query

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property Sale & Conveyance Query

Hi

I agreed on sale of my property (status Under Offer), but haven't found my next house yet. Should I still go ahead and engage solicitors on sale of my property or need to wait until I found my next house to engage solicitors..?? If I can't find a house suitable for me I am not planning to sell my house.

In the past I found what I wanted but them I couldn't find a buyer for my house at that time & sale couldn't proceed. Thanks.
    Last edited by Darren_Test; 16 July 2020, 22:10.

Yes or no.

It’s entirely up to you.

Can you find another house?
    If not, are you prepared to rent until you do?
    If you’re not prepared to, then pull out of the sale now, and expect the EA and buyer to be hacked off with you for wasting their time.

And maybe grow up.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I found 3 houses suitable in last one year. All those occasionssince my house wasn't sold (was in the market), so EAs were not ready to accept my offer. I accepted an offer last year, but at that time I could not find a suitable house for 2 months, so that didn't proceed. At that time I took a stand that I will not instruct solicitor until I finds a suitable house..

I am not planning to rent house at all. Now I am back in a situation where my house is under offer, but the 3 properties I liked all either SOLD or not in market!!

Comment

You really aren't cut out to be an intelligent and responsible adult are you?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          You really aren't cut out to be an intelligent and responsible adult are you?
          You should offer him lessons. Make sure he pays for his own parking though...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

hey all the houses sold in days and offers were accepted, ask yourself why your experience was different?
            Last edited by vetran; 17 July 2020, 08:16.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

you are selling your house potentially before a great economic event. You should be grateful to have someone gullible enough.
              You don't like renting because?
              Take an airbnb, if you can wfh get a holiday home abroad. Enjoy life and bank on your being free from a mortgage.
              If are wasting money anyway by either rushing into a new place, struggling to find a new buyer later.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
                Hi

I agreed on sale of my property (status Under Offer), but haven't found my next house yet. Should I still go ahead and engage solicitors on sale of my property or need to wait until I found my next house to engage solicitors..?? If I can't find a house suitable for me I am not planning to sell my house.

In the past I found what I wanted but them I couldn't find a buyer for my house at that time & sale couldn't proceed. Thanks.
                You should have engaged your solicitor way before now, before you even put your house on the market surely? How have you accepted an offer without one?
                If you're serious about selling/buying then the obvious solution is to move into rented until you find something. Can't think why you wouldn't want to do that.
                If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

This question belongs to mumsnet! Mods please move it
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Didn't this forrest gump come here a few months ago looking for advice on how to negotiate with an estate agent? I remember someone wanting to buy a house and despite this house being on the market for a ton of time, he was wanting to offer a tulip ton of money over asking price?

Was it him or was it another retard?

Comment

Working...
                    X