• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The End of an Era

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The End of an Era

British Airways retires entire 747 fleet after travel downturn - BBC News

Really sorry to see these planes go.

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Yep a friend a that used to be cabin crew with BA said it was the first she flew on and her favourite.

Comment

One of my friends is a training Captain at BA. He got moved a couple of years ago from 747's to 777's. He reckons that the 747's are still Queens' of the Skies - comfortable, and 4 engine-security-safety. Lucky for him he moved in time...
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Shame, can't beat a 747 but I guess their days are numbered.

Comment

They used to be the best for long haul with a good top speed, but they drank fuel compared to the 350/787 and due to the aircraft design, were difficult to have mixed class in the normal order - I seem to remember BA doing 3 rows of first, 4 of WTP, 4 of business and then behind that was economy. Upstairs was business as well.

I think the last time I flew one, I was in the back row of business. No peace from the economy noise.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

But when 3rd runway?!

If they start digging now they might just finish in time for the end of the next business cycle.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

FFS, no point in the Concorde lounge

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                FFS, no point in the Concorde lounge

How would you know? Have you ever been in one of them?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  How would you know? Have you ever been in one of them?
                  Yes, MF is my witness

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Yes, MF is my witness

Did you clean the toilets there as well?

Comment

Working...
                    X