• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Murder is normal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murder is normal

I found this very interesting, I think this chap has a real point. We are all complicit in murder culture as consumers.

I had no idea the numbers were so high.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

It was pretty interesting, but do you think it applies to this country?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      It was pretty interesting, but do you think it applies to this country?
      Interesting, but US-centric. Does not really apply.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

We don't buy Rap (with a silent C) music in the UK?

We don't have a higher number of Black victims & perpetrators than you would expect from the ethnic mix in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

We don't have a higher number of Black victims & perpetrators than you would expect from the ethnic mix in the UK?
          Does drill music cause crime, or offer an escape from it? - BBC News

Among them was Sharon Kendall, whose 18-year-old son Jason Isaacs died after being ambushed by four assailants on mopeds as he walked to a friend's house in November 2017.

"The boy that killed Jason, he's in numerous YouTube videos and all they speak about is stabbing people in the back," she says.

"It's a massive thing, this drill music. I don't think it's the only cause, but it's one of the causes."

Several interviewees blame YouTube for disseminating violent videos without checks in place (a segment that's all the more striking when you learn that Terms and Conditions is being released under the YouTube Originals banner).
          Last edited by SueEllen; 18 July 2020, 05:35.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I dont think we have the same issues as the US. A small minority of people trying to be American doesn’t mean we have the same issues in the UK.

Comment

Blaming rap/drill etc music on violent crime is akin to blaming heavy metal for devil worshiping. The music doesn't cause the crime (not that devil worship is a crime as the devil doesn't exist any more than Santa Clause does ) it's the people that cause the crime. But ... that's not to say wannabie gangsters don't go to drill like moths to a flame, they probably do.

Rock on
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                Blaming rap/drill etc music on violent crime is akin to blaming heavy metal for devil worshiping. The music doesn't cause the crime (not that devil worship is a crime as the devil doesn't exist any more than Santa Clause does ) it's the people that cause the crime. But ... that's not to say wannabie gangsters don't go to drill like moths to a flame, they probably do.

Rock on
                Good point, though I did get into the old devil worshipping after listening to AC/DC. Just a bit if fun though and we gave up sacrificing virgins a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  Good point, though I did get into the old devil worshipping after listening to AC/DC. Just a bit if fun though and we gave up sacrificing virgins a while back.
                  Very rare commodity nowadays, far too pricey for dark arts hobbyists

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Rock on

So its perfectly sensible to portray a whole race as a bunch of drug dealing, ho slapping murderers and of course believe no impressionable people will think its true. Some times warty you are a bit thick. This is a man who understands the situation explaining it, I'm willing to believe him.

Comment

Working...
                    X