• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2nd wave is coming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Two visits to your dentist this week?
    Is the average still 10 a week, or are you just trying to re-write the averages to make it seem like you’re fractionally closer to having a point?

Perhaps we need to consider the average number of deaths during the Spanish flu to this one, so that you and DC’s frontmen can say how much better we’re doing now. It’s like nothing has happened.

...or reality doesn’t apply in oPM world.
    Yeah some server issues seemed to make it post twice.

Although not sure what point you are trying to make I just quoted some facts.

Like we are in the middle of a pandemic and the death rate is the lowest it has been for a good few years and I was wondering if anyone could maybe shed some light on why that could be.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Like we are in the middle of a pandemic
      The middle of the first round was in April. We are at the tail.

...the death rate is the lowest it has been for a good few years and I was wondering if anyone could maybe shed some light on why that could be.
      Because we're not in the middle.

Please provide a source for your claims that:
      1. The UK is currently at the peak in the middle of a pandemic
      2. The death rate is the lowest it has been for several years.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well for the second read the article.

As for the first well from tomorrow we have to wear masks to go shopping so I assume that means there is still a threat.

Comment

That looks good

As for the first well from tomorrow we have to wear masks to go shopping so I assume that means there is still a threat.
          There is still a threat. That does not mean we are at the peak, or in the middle. It just means our useless government are bringing in measures now that they should have done in February.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What is your dentist's current advice?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              It just means our useless government are bringing in measures now that they should have done in February.
              And whilst I say that masks in February wouldn't be the way to go - due to shortages (that's the real reason we rallied not to, imo) - this comment totally nails it.

In Feb we needed to be preparing for lockdown -

getting PPE in (using all those local suppliers that were ignored, instead using "friends" via DHSC taking ownership of procurement and using SCCL Limited to buy cheap).

Getting the message right

listening to the WHO and the "experienced countries" and following their advice in full:
              Test Test Test, Trace and Isolate, PPE, flatten the curve.

We did NONE of the above - we instead go into lockdown late and spend the entire lockdown chasing our tails on the above . Also trying to chummy up to the other disaster - USA , for trade deals, whilst disguising our failures, by fudging figures and redistributing wealth from the public purse to the tory donors , like Dyson & Mclaren over Penlon, PPE from SCCL's friends instead of local production etc etc.

In March to July 1st - we needed to be preparing to release lockdown, but couldn't because we were chasing our tails - test trace isolate, contact tracing and clear guidance and a roadmap to recovery (like scotland have done - Coronavirus (COVID-19): Scotland’s route map - gov.scot )

So yes, you are totally right. This government have very openly tried to protect the economy by not taking it seriously enough, then actually damaged the economy by not taking it seriously enough.

Lockdown has gone on, and will go on, to some extent far too long, because most people have ZERO confidence in our countries response.

*phew* end rant sorry. I feel better anyway
              Last edited by Scoobos; 23 July 2020, 11:30.

Comment

Nipped up to Waitrose earlier and someone needs to tell all the wrinklies that they need to start wearing a mask. Only about 1 in 10 had one on ... and I'm talking old folks in the 'you're very old madam, your're at risk' group. Meandering around the shop without a care in the world.

Oh well, should reduce the Boris vote and reduce the pension liability .... win-win
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Coronavirus: UK brings back 14-day quarantine for Spain
                  Coronavirus: UK brings back 14-day quarantine for Spain - BBC News

"Spanish officials have also warned a second wave could be imminent as major cities have seen cases surge."

Comment

Spoons is open.

Some of you roasters need to talk to your family doctor about upping the anti depressants.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Nipped up to Waitrose earlier and someone needs to tell all the wrinklies that they need to start wearing a mask. Only about 1 in 10 had one on ... and I'm talking old folks in the 'you're very old madam, your're at risk' group. Meandering around the shop without a care in the world.

Oh well, should reduce the Boris vote and reduce the pension liability .... win-win
                      On holiday in southwest Ireland. Every single person had a mask on in the supermarket and this is the electoral territory of the swivel-eyed Healy-Rae clan - ‘Only God controls the weather’, Danny Healy-Rae tells climate change debate

Comment

Working...
                      X