• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2nd wave is coming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd wave is coming

Having stayed in southend on sea last night (in the best hotel, in the best suit - massive patio looking over the sea)

The place is a stinky tulip hole, full of fat tattoo loud racist idiots

No social distancing

Pubs crammed

Beaches crammed

Restaurants crammed

Lots of people over 60

Lots of people with obviously issues Covid-19 will just kill

Everyone overweight

2 ladies on the beach bent over in front of me, I actually turned my head away !!!

Made me look slim !!!

Got a pint for £1.49 !!!

Went to a fish restaurant where my good lady asked if the had any non fried fish !!! - ohh how they laughter

There is a stink in SOS that makes you want to puke

Never again

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

I hereby grant this DOOM thread the coveted Official status.

Comment

When people stand against the nature it always doesn't end well.

Nature turned on its immune system and is fighting human infection...

Comment

Well, it's sarfend innit.

HWMBO and I had a very civlised afternoon out on Kensington High Street on Friday. Social distancing observed in all the venues we visited. People being sensible and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          Having stayed in southend on sea last night (in the best hotel, in the best suit - massive patio looking over the sea)

No social distancing

Pubs crammed

Beaches crammed

Restaurants crammed

Lots of people over 60

Everyone overweight

2 ladies on the beach bent over in front of me, I actually turned my head away !!!

Made me look slim !!!

Got a pint for £1.49 !!!

Went to a fish restaurant where my good lady asked if the had any non fried fish !!! - ohh how they laughter

Never again

The pride of Essex
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

No social distancing

Pubs crammed

Beaches crammed

Restaurants crammed

Lots of people over 60

Everyone overweight

Made me look slim !!!

Got a pint for £1.49 !!!

Never again

All of this information has been freely available since the dawn of time. What were you thinking...?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Been there just once, very pleasant. Was there to visit family. There is a restaurant run by Jamie Oliver’s aunt. Had fish and chips which was pretty good.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Went to a fish restaurant where my good lady asked if the had any non fried fish !!! - ohh how they laughter ...
                TBF, asking for non-fried fish in a fish and chip shop, they probably thought she was an alien, and would be asking next for a glass of molten ice!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

yeah that's funny

Comment

Corresponds with my city break in Hamburg this week from which I've just returned:

The city was reasonably quiet although there was a fair amount of traffic on the roads driving there

Plenty of social distancing. People of all ages respecting the rules although I will admit that there were a couple who would sometimes not wear a mask on public transport or get to close to you

Only 2 people allowed in the hotel lifts at any one time which was observed

All hotel staff were wearing face masks and so were guests in the areas that they had to

Main city center was quite busy. You entered and exited shops through a designated door which had hand sanitisers by them and had to wear a maks

Pubs and restaurants were fairly busy because only a certain amount of customers were allowed in, we made reservations. All serving staff wore face masks

Museums and attractions were open (I did the Spice museum and prototype museum) where you had to wear face masks in certain areas and social distancing was observed

Food in the hotel was excellent. Breakfast was freshly cooked for you and the evening meal was great. They also had a vinyl room with 1500 albums where you could chill out, another area with pinball and retro Atari video games, all set-up so that social distancing could be observed and regularly disinfected

Weather was pretty good, even got a bit of a tan, all in all, really rather worth the break
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X