• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pub/Restaurant poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No business wants Covid to be traced to their premises.

And then there is this - Coronavirus: 'Almost half' of Blackburn Covid-19 contacts not reached - BBC News

Comment

Well you have to do it here (so GDPR shouldn't be that much of an issue) although not in shops but there is also a working app here too. Remember Johnson said the UK had the best track and trace system in the world, obviously not true
      Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I don't recall it being compulsory to register your details with the venue you attend. I also don't think it's wholly effective unless you register with every shop you enter too. On our way out, we stopped at the greengrocers, the off license and waterstones before going to the first bar.

The registration is a bit of a privacy nightmare really. It's a GDPR burden I don't think any small business wants to take on unless it's compulsory.
      Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I forgot to add that this poll is British residents only
        You didn't say that it's officially for British residents only. So, two weeks ago I went to the pub- had 3 pints of guiness and fish and chips with mushy peas. Traditional food for the Brit abroad.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          You didn't say that it's officially for British residents only.

Comment

Went to one near Chelmsford city centre.
            Everything went fine, people seemed sensible. Was not keen on going but I have some acquaintances in the area that haven't seen for some time.

One quite disturbing idea I've heard was the owner claiming that: local band for local people. They will try to keep everything local. Whatever that is.
            I was chatting with a friend in the bathroom and there was a guy that asked us about "our dialect", he seemed upset we were talking in a different language. :|
            Hope the uncertainty and fear induced by covid has not triggered a new wave of protectionism and xenophobia in the already weak and brainwashed minds of local fauna.

Comment

Why would you bring your own food to AndyW's mum when she does all the eating?

Comment

Innteresting split of answers - those who wanted to go out already done so, others (50%) are staying in for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Well you have to do it here (so GDPR shouldn't be that much of an issue) although not in shops but there is also a working app here too. Remember Johnson said the UK had the best track and trace system in the world, obviously not true

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                  Wasn't that Hancock?
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Innteresting split of answers - those who wanted to go out already done so, others (50%) are staying in for a while.
                    How many of your friends have declined an invitation for dinner @ chez Alexei? If it's more than one, we know you're lying about how many friends you have...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Probably been to 7 or 8 places, most places seem to have seating outside which is very low risk.

Comment

Working...
                      X