• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pub/Restaurant poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pub/Restaurant poll

Let’s see how things are going 2 weeks after reopening
    Yes
    40.74%
    No, but planning soon
    11.11%
    No and not going to for some time
    40.74%
    Eating at “bring your own food” at andyw’s mum
    7.41%

German vote - yes.

But then the virus is under control here. I has me a schnitzel mit bratkartoffel, lecker schmecker.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I forgot to add that this poll is British residents only

Comment

I went out on Friday afternoon.

Venue 1 - Mediterranean licensed cafe. Good spacing of tables, choice of inside or outside. Menus were online, accessed via a QR code. Staff all masked up. Not crowded but had a decent amount of people. Had something to eat and a carafe of rose.
        Venue 2 - Italian wine bar / resturant. Inside only. Good table spacing. Paper menus. Staff masking a bit 50/50. Not crowded at all (slightly away from the Ken High Street main drag so it's always quiet). Had a couple of gins and some nibbles.
        Venue 3 - Spanish pub / restaurant. Limited outside, mostly inside. Not as good table spacing but it's also not as big as the previous two places. Staff not masked. Not crowded but all spaces taken up safely. Had a beer and a gin.

In all places, the patrons were all behaving sensibly. Occupancy was monitored by the staff and all tables were throughly cleaned inbetween uses.

Comment

Did you have to fill out a form with contact details or scan a QR code in order for track and trace to be undertaken?
          Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I went out on Friday afternoon.

Venue 1 - Mediterranean licensed cafe. Good spacing of tables, choice of inside or outside. Menus were online, accessed via a QR code. Staff all masked up. Not crowded but had a decent amount of people. Had something to eat and a carafe of rose.
          Venue 2 - Italian wine bar / resturant. Inside only. Good table spacing. Paper menus. Staff masking a bit 50/50. Not crowded at all (slightly away from the Ken High Street main drag so it's always quiet). Had a couple of gins and some nibbles.
          Venue 3 - Spanish pub / restaurant. Limited outside, mostly inside. Not as good table spacing but it's also not as big as the previous two places. Staff not masked. Not crowded but all spaces taken up safely. Had a beer and a gin.

In all places, the patrons were all behaving sensibly. Occupancy was monitored by the staff and all tables were throughly cleaned inbetween uses.
          Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Did you have to fill out a form with contact details or scan a QR code in order for track and trace to be undertaken?

Venue 1 - they asked you to log into their Wifi for that, but didn't enforce it (I did).
            Venue 2 - they asked you to fill in a form with your details.
            Venue 3 - no

Comment

I am clearly doing a very bad job with my DOOM threads

Comment

So track and tracing can't be performed then. Seems all a bit weird how you can now go out but there is no way to notify you if you've been near the lurgy
                Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Venue 1 - they asked you to log into their Wifi for that, but didn't enforce it (I did).
                Venue 2 - they asked you to fill in a form with your details.
                Venue 3 - no
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  I am clearly doing a very bad job with my DOOM threads
                  Keep them going, my insomnia hasn't been much of a problem since you started doing them...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    So track and tracing can't be performed then. Seems all a bit weird how you can now go out but there is no way to notify you if you've been near the lurgy

I don't recall it being compulsory to register your details with the venue you attend. I also don't think it's wholly effective unless you register with every shop you enter too. On our way out, we stopped at the greengrocers, the off license and waterstones before going to the first bar.

The registration is a bit of a privacy nightmare really. It's a GDPR burden I don't think any small business wants to take on unless it's compulsory.

Comment

Working...
                    X