• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting addition to the conversation.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Your posts with large font size certainly not helping
    just sit further away from the monitor

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
      just sit further away from the monitor
      Why? You can't catch racism over the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
        trying to make "white" people the sole scapegoats for this vile trade is clearly ridiculous and shows a complete ignorance of history. It does nothing to foster a more peaceful society
        White folk are not the sole scapegoats, but treating those who made a fortune out of slavery as some kind of hero with statues etc we now accept is not the right thing to do either.

As per my response to Vetty's first post, I personally would hold the grandparent of the woman who he quoted as responsible for his part in slavery the same as I would anyone else, irrespective of skin colour.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          White folk are not the sole scapegoats, but treating those who made a fortune out of slavery as some kind of hero with statues etc we now accept is not the right thing to do either.

As per my response to Vetty's first post, I personally would hold the grandparent of the woman who he quoted as responsible for his part in slavery the same as I would anyone else, irrespective of skin colour.

That is indeed my point. However the narrative is the bad white man is the cause of slavery. An assertion that is a lie and not helpful. I believe we just need to close the book and move on. We need to solve the reasons racism remains in organisations and why certain cultures have poorer outcomes.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X