• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Raising a theybie: the parent who wants their child to grow up gender-free

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    The child of a good friend of mine loves football and ballet
    I faintly remember that a professional football team trained with ballerinas. Supposed to be great exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Hmm... Did the kid decide they didn't feel right and so are being encouraged (or supported) by their parents to think about it how they feel and who they want to be, or are the parents doing some kind of misguided attempt at openness about you don't have to be one or the other and it's maifesting itself in a potentially worrying way?
      I don't know the parents to comment, but I suspect it is poorly handled either way.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        I faintly remember that a professional football team trained with ballerinas. Supposed to be great exercise.
        This? Training Ground Guru | All Blacks get boost from ballet

Comment

What a coincidence, every parent who publicises raising a gender-free-child, the child becomes pseudo opposite gender. It is blatantly obvious that the parents are influencing the child in that manner. The parents are using their kinds for their own agenda. That is blatantchild abuse.

Even if there is a 50/50 chance of the child wanting to swap gender, there would not be such high numbers of children wanting to change sex from parents who promote the same.

The actual number of children wanting to change sex or act as the opposite sex is very small and many regret it when they reach adulthood.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            What a coincidence, every parent who publicises raising a gender-free-child, the child becomes pseudo opposite gender. It is blatantly obvious that the parents are influencing the child in that manner. The parents are using their kinds for their own agenda. That is blatantchild abuse.

Even if there is a 50/50 chance of the child wanting to swap gender, there would not be such high numbers of children wanting to change sex from parents who promote the same.

The actual number of children wanting to change sex or act as the opposite sex is very small and many regret it when they reach adulthood.
            Many? What kind of percentages are you talking about?

Comment

Might have been that, sure it was a football team tho.

Comment

Very likely as it was a "thing" a few years ago. As ballet uses different skills from rugby and football.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It was the Arsenal. And as a quick glance at the league table will tell you, it hasn't worked...

Make a Song and dance! Arsenal stars kept on their toes after taking up ballet | Daily Mail Online
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Can't help but weigh in, but isn't a parent imposing this on their child as dangerous as forcing gender stereotypes?

I'm a very liberal guy, I've absolutely no problem with LBTQ+ and think that society has been awful in the past with it.

However, I've always believed it to be a condition - Gender Dysphoria , that people suffer from.

So , in that light, you can bring a child up with or without gender stereotypes, but they will either have , or not have Gender Dysphoria.

I think gender stereotypes intensify the pain a sufferer has - but trying to force "gender-freedom" on a child seems as psychologically dangerous, as forcing stereotypes on a GD sufferer?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                      Is there a difference to an 8-year-old? If they want to do something allow them to do it, wear a dress, play football or dance. What's important is the child is allowed to pick not the parents forcing the issue.
                      I very much doubt that the parents are forcing any issue. They've probably discussed it with friends and planned how they want to cater better for allowing that freedom to manifest. It seems your interpretation of that was to suggest they're forcing their child to consider change sex or gender or something, which would surely be a wrong interpretation.

Parents like to think that they are open, yet in blind studies parents perpetuate stereotypes and provide a baby dressed in pink with dolls, pushing away the sports kit, with the baby dressed in blue enticed into playing with the sports kit and the doll removed and hidden away.

The sooner we stop perpetuating the prejudice our parents taught us the sooner we can say that children have formed their own identity, rather than being brainwashed.

Comment

Working...
                      X