• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Raising a theybie: the parent who wants their child to grow up gender-free

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    I agree with that, but I'm not convinced the family in the article has any less imprinting than a heterosexual / gender-typical household.

The facts of the article are: they say the female labelling as a child was inaccurate, they claim "non-binary trans – meaning they are neither a man nor a woman", yet they eventually went on to have a biological child of their own (a process only possible by biologically female of the species). The buy in from society to normalise this scenario is gigantic.
    The family in the article are battulip crazy, but they seem loving, supportive and interested in their kid's development, so I expect the kid will do fine in life.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      The family in the article are battulip crazy, but they seem loving, supportive and interested in their kid's development, so I expect the kid will do fine in life.
      When the child grows up I expect him/her to be on the front lines pulling down statues because they conform to only one gender.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Yes it's natural, that's why I said we naturally do it. The gender reveal party with pink balloons and pink cake, the blue babygros, describing her as "a little princess", him as "what a chunk". But I do think avoiding those stereotypes as much as possible and giving a child equal access to playthings is only a good thing. Just about every parent does it to a greater or lesser degree - seems to me that these parents are allowing the child to develop without those prejudices.
        I see someone has already raised religion, but just to say it's also natural for parents to imprint their religious beliefs, their racial and other prejudices, their political bias etc on their kids - just because it's natural, doesn't mean it's good.

Comment

The Left Hand of Darkness - Wikipedia
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Is it any good or a preachy feminist Sci-fi?

Comment

It ain't space opera so you judge.

And it's half a century since I read it.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                It ain't space opera so you judge.

And it's half a century since I read it.
                crappiest review ever.

Note. DoctorStrangelove, thanks for the negative rep and this comment "**** off and die, slowly."
                Last edited by woohoo; 21 July 2020, 11:57.

Comment

Working...
                X