• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Raising a theybie: the parent who wants their child to grow up gender-free

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raising a theybie: the parent who wants their child to grow up gender-free

Raising a theybie: the parent who wants their child to grow up gender-free | Life and style | The Guardian

There are some sick people out there.

But Doty and Sea also received so much online harassment that Doty hired someone to filter toxic messages out of their email inbox.

“There are people who have felt that [our family] wasn’t just problematic, but was like, the antichrist, or a sign of the end times,” Doty says. “I found out that there was a campaign letter written about me by [a fundamentalist Christian activist group] and it was like, you know, ‘We’ll pray for these people because they’re so disillusioned.’

I think letting kids play with what they want and dress how they want without saying a boy gets trucks and trousers, while a girl gets dolls and dresses is a good thing.

Promoting inclusivity is always a good thing too.

Stupid name for the kid though. There's plenty of non-binary names out there.

Comment

Flamingo Rampant

sorry juvenile amusement.

Is That for a Boy or for a Girl? by S. Bear Bergman, illustrated by Rachel Dougherty — Flamingo Rampant

and one for CUK!

The Adventures of Tulip. Birthday Wish Fairy by S. Bear Bergman, illustrated by Suzy Q Malik — Flamingo Rampant
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

A friend has a child who has a class mate who is being encouraged to question their sexual and gender identity by the parents. To the point an 8 year old is thinking about a sex change. It has caused no end of confusion amongst the classmates thinking is this something I should be doing as well and also becoming more sexually aware. Personally, I don't think it's healthy for your children to be having these conversations.

This goes beyond controlling what toys a child plays with or games.
        Last edited by BlueSharp; 20 July 2020, 08:46.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I think letting kids play with what they want and dress how they want without saying a boy gets trucks and trousers, while a girl gets dolls and dresses is a good thing.

Promoting inclusivity is always a good thing too.

Stupid name for the kid though. There's plenty of non-binary names out there.
          It is very good thing I have a rugby playing, computer gaming, unicorn loving princess in our house!
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
            A friend has a child who has a class mate who is being encouraged to question their sexual identity by the parents. To the point an 8 year old is thinking about a sex change. It has caused no end of confusion amongst the classmates thinking is this something I should be doing as well and also becoming more sexually aware. Personally I don't think it's healthy for your children to be having these conversations.
            Hmm... Did the kid decide they didn't feel right and so are being encouraged (or supported) by their parents to think about it how they feel and who they want to be, or are the parents doing some kind of misguided attempt at openness about you don't have to be one or the other and it's maifesting itself in a potentially worrying way?

Comment

A friend has a child who has a class mate who is being encouraged to question their sexual identity by the parents. To the point an 8 year old is thinking about a sex change. It has caused no end of confusion amongst the classmates thinking is this something I should be doing as well and also becoming more sexually aware. Personally, I don't think it's healthy for your children to be having these conversations.

This goes beyond controlling what toys a child plays with or games.
              You seem a bit confused between sexuality and gender identity.

Comment

It is very good thing I have a rugby playing, computer gaming, unicorn loving princess in our house!
                The child of a good friend of mine loves football and ballet

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  You seem a bit confused between sexuality and gender identity.
                  Is there a difference to an 8-year-old? If they want to do something allow them to do it, wear a dress, play football or dance. What's important is the child is allowed to pick not the parents forcing the issue.
                  Last edited by BlueSharp; 20 July 2020, 08:44.
                  Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

I think it's great that we live in a world where kids can have this freedom. I'm not a fan of things like stopping boys playing at war games etc. We need to keep an edge for the forthcoming Chinese invasion.

Comment

Working...
                    X