• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK housing mini-boom is gathering pace, property firm Rightmove says

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK housing mini-boom is gathering pace, property firm Rightmove says

Interesting report from Reuters:

UK housing mini-boom is gathering pace, property firm Rightmove says - Reuters

I heard about this on the radio this morning.

I wonder if all the 25k - 50k price drops in my area will disappear!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I heard about this on the radio this morning.

I wonder if all the 25k - 50k price drops in my area will disappear!
      Did you take that flat you posted about any further? Did you do a viewing in the end?
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Did you take that flat you posted about any further? Did you do a viewing in the end?
        Nah, the estate it was on is way too dodgy. I did a search on police reports and there's a few too many stabbings for my liking.

I'm going to wait it out six months and see how things are towards the end of the year.

Comment

Nah, the estate it was on is way too dodgy. I did a search on police reports and there's a few too many stabbings for my liking.

I'm going to wait it out six months and see how things are towards the end of the year.
          Fair enough .... there's 'edgy' and then there's downright dangerous.

There are lots of anecdotal evidence that the pandemic and lockdown have pushed people to want to move out of cities and into suburbs/villages (more private space etc). If this is true then it could provide some good deals for city centre apartments going forward
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

So stamp duty cut increases buying price - buyers still shafted but they can put extra cost onto long term debt, so banks are good but taxpayers lose out, again.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              So stamp duty cut increases buying price - buyers still shafted but they can put extra cost onto long term debt, so banks are good but taxpayers lose out, again.
              Pretty much.

The stamp duty cut should not have been available to invester or second home buyers. I'm even hesitant about letting off movers too.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Won't last. The real action is later this year when the furlough unwinds.

Comment

Pretty much.

The stamp duty cut should not have been available to invester or second home buyers. I'm even hesitant about letting off movers too.
                  They ate still paying 3% and support the market that is about to implode

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Won't last. The real action is later this year when the furlough unwinds.
                    If they got balls to follow through

If feckers were fair they would treat it as long term student like debt with people who get it liable to repay in the future - but they don’t want to upset 10 mln people

Comment

Working...
                    X