• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home Gym Ideas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    2K seems a lot! I've had one of these in my garage for a few years. Rather a hassle to put together but sturdy, no problems with it yet. Takes up space though.

Buy Men's Health 90kg Home Multi Gym | Multi-gyms | Argos
    What's the quality like on it? I've been looking at one in the £800 region.

2k might seem a lot but when you buy a decent weight rack and decent weights it adds up.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      We did have a rower but we stopped using it, think if you have poor form it can really affect your back. But quite like the idea of trying again.

Nice one on mrs qh losing almost a stone, crap news about the knee ligament. Saying that I've pulled a muscle in my back putting socks on before :0

The heavy weights are really for me, I really miss having that strength. I've been using bands to keep some muscle and flexibility but not the same.
      Try the Tabata, if you have the muscle/flexibility it will only increase those.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
        Try the Tabata, if you have the muscle/flexibility it will only increase those.

qh
        Just looking at it now, I nearly had heart attack just reading about it.

Comment

Just looking at it now, I nearly had heart attack just reading about it.
          Yes, the first few sessions can feel like hell, but it does get, maybe not easier but bearable. Me and the wife are mid-40s, so you can tailor it to your fitness/age levels.

qh

Comment

I bought a bodyweight/calisthenics station at the beginning of the last lockdown:

With a weight belt and some weights which are part of my regular gym routine anyway(dips/pull ups/chin ups):

That, some dumbells and a skipping rope are my home gym. Oh and my neighbour has a barbell rack with some dumbells as well.

For cardio you can do a lot with s skipping rope, especially if you alternate it into HIIT circuits with other stuff. What are your fitness goals?
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

What's the quality like on it? I've been looking at one in the £800 region.
              Seems really good. I'm not a big bloke but my son who lived here until recently is and he never broke it.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Thank for the info about the weight. Gonna have to google that a bit, though the running machine may stay down in the utility room off the kitchen.
                What make of water rower did you go for?
                I've got one of these. Used it for years with no issues.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  For cardio you can do a lot with s skipping rope, especially if you alternate it into HIIT circuits with other stuff. What are your fitness goals?
                  If there is one thing I have learned during lockdown it is how to skip with a rope.

I am fooked after a few mins.

qh

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    I bought a bodyweight/calisthenics station at the beginning of the last lockdown:

With a weight belt and some weights which are part of my regular gym routine anyway(dips/pull ups/chin ups):

That, some dumbells and a skipping rope are my home gym. Oh and my neighbour has a barbell rack with some dumbells as well.

Where did you buy the bodyweight/calisthenics station from and how much?
                    Skipping has never appealed to me

Comment

Where did you buy the bodyweight/calisthenics station from and how much?
                      Skipping has never appealed to me
                      I got this one for £100:

MAXSTRENGTH Max Strength Power Tower Pull Up Bar Dip Station Chin Up for Home Multi Gym Strength Training Fitness Equipment Adjustable Height Pull Up & Dip Station Fitness Workout Station (Silver): Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

There are more fancy ones but I only wanted something for lockdown until gyms reopened. I already had a dipping belt as I do these as part of my regular routine anyway.
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X