• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home Gun Ideas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who needs a gun

i've got a donk.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Just as well I'm not a kid these days. I made a gun when I was about 14, metal pipe and other plumbing bits, Sodium Chlorate and sugar, fired by a bit of wire from an old iron connected to switch and battery.
      In the highlands growing up being bored was the new fun. It was with some disappear for our parents when I reported to my mother me the neighbour made a bomb. Using ingredients I shall not mention here, my and N made a device that we now realise was probably a bit too powerful. The tennis ball that left the launch tube returned to planet earth about a full ~20 seconds later. Perforated. Good times.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Just as well I'm not a kid these days. I made a gun when I was about 14, metal pipe and other plumbing bits, Sodium Chlorate and sugar, fired by a bit of wire from an old iron connected to switch and battery.
        You are me, aren't you Xogg?
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

My Dad has told me tales of him and his mates making 'guns' from bits of pipe and goodness knows what.

My ex used to make his own black powder.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            Isn't that what people were worrying about when 3D printers became a thing?
            The worry is when the printers become self aware and start multiplying.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              In the highlands growing up being bored was the new fun. It was with some disappear for our parents when I reported to my mother me the neighbour made a bomb. Using ingredients I shall not mention here, my and N made a device that we now realise was probably a bit too powerful. The tennis ball that left the launch tube returned to planet earth about a full ~20 seconds later. Perforated. Good times.
              We managed to fire a plastic cup a good distance up in the air out of some piping with some chemicals bought from the chemist. It made a fair bang and a nice gent for the TA base across the road asked us very nicely not to do it again.

Comment

We avoided the more likely ways to attract the interests of those in the law enforcement field by building increasingly powerful, and dangerous, ballista.

The final one was made from old sleepers and scrap timber, wire rope, ratchet straps and leaf springs from the suspension on an old Bedford truck. We used it to fire 5 ft lengths of rebar through bales of straw, and on one occasion a brick wall. Effective range was well over 300ft.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  We avoided the more likely ways to attract the interests of those in the law enforcement field by building increasingly powerful, and dangerous, ballista.

The final one was made from old sleepers and scrap timber, wire rope, ratchet straps and leaf springs from the suspension on an old Bedford truck. We used it to fire 5 ft lengths of rebar through bales of straw, and on one occasion a brick wall. Effective range was well over 300ft.
                  And that my friends is how you become a Labour supporter/closet commie.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

And that my friends is how you become a right wing pigs head shagger
                    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    And that my friends is how you become a Labour supporter/closet commie.
                    Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      My ex used to make his own black powder.
                      Was your ex called Ben L. Aden by any chance?

Comment

Working...
                      X