• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

teachers getting a pay rise -- thanks for nothing :laugh:laugh:laugh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Probably my local GP who locked down the surgery for fear of Covid-19 who earns about £200K p.a. Whilst front line nurses earning £30K pa facing Covid-19 get feck all. Sounds about right.
    If your GP is on that much then s/he is a practice partner and self-employed.

The salaried GPs s/he employs are on about £60K though they work part-time.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      If your GP is on that much then s/he is a practice partner and self-employed.
      And probably a rural dispensing practice as well. That's where the real money is (or used to be).

Comment

They do ok and have great pensions, so I hear.

Average GP now earns GBP113,000, after series of pay boosts

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

Doesn't make it clear whether it is GP partners or a salaried GP.

The latter tend to work part-time and don't tend to do the other things GP partners do to increase their earnings. The bonus of being salaried is if you want to emigrate you just hand in your notice.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Feck, how dare these docs get paid almost as much as IT contractors. They don't add nearly as much value as some code monkey sitting on his/her fat ass all day, pressing a few keys and trolling on CUK
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Doesn't make it clear whether it is GP partners or a salaried GP.

The latter tend to work part-time and don't tend to do the other things GP partners do to increase their earnings. The bonus of being salaried is if you want to emigrate you just hand in your notice.
              Some just do locum work, either in general practice or in out of hours services.

Comment

As SueEllen wrote, this doesn't mention whether it's salaried GPs, locum, partners.

Average is a terrible measurement, as the richest inflate the figure. The median is far better. Most GPs don't earn anywhere near what you seem to think.

I'm more interested in poorly performing company execs paying themselves more and more money, whilst their lowest paid staff earn a pittance. It's been a trend since 2008 and doesn't seem to be stopping.

Comment

Working...
                X