• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

teachers getting a pay rise -- thanks for nothing :laugh:laugh:laugh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

teachers getting a pay rise -- thanks for nothing :laugh:laugh:laugh

Chancellor announces inflation-busting pay rise for almost a million public sector workers | Daily Mail Online

Almost 900,000 public sector workers are in line for an inflation-busting 'coronavirus payrise' - including thousands of teachers

the teachers dont deserve this

Don't worry contractors have deep pockets they'll pay.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Politicians don't deserve a pay rise
      Unelected bureaucrats don't deserve a pay rise.

But in your snowflake world you're offended that teachers should get one?

Is it because children should learn history from statues, not books?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Politicians don't deserve a pay rise
        Unelected bureaucrats don't deserve a pay rise.

But in your snowflake world you're offended that teachers should get one?

Is it because children should learn history from statues, not books?
        Of course he's offended, the teachers at his school were absolutely useless...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
          Chancellor announces inflation-busting pay rise for almost a million public sector workers | Daily Mail Online

Almost 900,000 public sector workers are in line for an inflation-busting 'coronavirus payrise' - including thousands of teachers

the teachers dont deserve this
          Poor petal. Did mummy not give you hugs when you were a child?

Comment

It seems doctors get a pay rise but not nurses....
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              This was covered on the radio this morning. The nurses are already in the middle of a 2018 pay deal. Only those areas that were due a pay review got an uplift at this time. There are other public sector areas due a pay review in the coming months.

Comment

Probably my local GP who locked down the surgery for fear of Covid-19 who earns about £200K p.a. Whilst front line nurses earning £30K pa facing Covid-19 get feck all. Sounds about right.

Comment

what a surprise.

The rest of you of course know during most of the lockdown teachers were mainly at home with a limited few offering a baby sitting service for key workers/vulnerable, no lessons for any kids. Well in the 3 local schools I know that was the case. Work cobbled off the internet was posted or dropped off by teachers in the first week (yep they were that stupid) that parents were expected to teach.

The doctors / Pharmacies were up & running during the day and via phone within a few days. full late hours took a month or so.

I wonder if child minders will get a raise from £4.08 an hour? Most round here soldiered on to care for key workers kids while the nurseries closed.

Early Years and Childcare Bulletin January 2020 | The Education People

As many nurseries are closing forever the government may need to pay more.

Care workers will of course carry on being paid at minimum wage or below (after unpaid expenses).
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I really don't think we should be giving pay rises to people in an industry with such open sexism. The lack of male teachers is disturbing and does show an inherent privilege bias.

I think we should defund teachers #defundteachers until the industry reflects the actual makeup of society.

Please feel free to share the #defundteachers hashtag with friends and family. If any of you know of a local statue of a teacher let me know, we can get down there and pull it down. We could put up our own statue of Denis the menace the scourge of teachers everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X