• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Race Car vs Class Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M40 is much better

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      If it ain't got PDK it's worth sheet

HTH

PDK/DSG all the same Skoda system. :lol:

I'd suggest an 8HP75 is a better option than a 7DT45/70/75, but ZF have found punters who believe VAG marketing and will dip into their wallets.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Race car every time. Never had anything in that league myself but I appreciate the thrill and, I guess, the pose factor.

Years ago I remember having one of those moments that define one's youth. I had a much older friend who was a bit of a player and, I guess, quite a cool dude. The sort of bloke you'd want to be seen with, put it that way.

Anyway, one day he turns up at my parent's house in a Matra Simca Bagheera and asks me if I fancy going for a spin. You bet!

So a quick blast up the Fosseway to the Ciren turn off then back for a pose on the streets of Bath, windows down, Wings blaring out - the epitome of cool. I remember the heads of groups of youths turning and them mouthing the word "BAG-EER-AAH" to one another in awe.

And then I saw her - the girl from my class that I had the hots for but never had the nads to make a move on - stood right there on the corner of Queens Square and as we were inching forward in the Bath traffic I was going to have my moment. And the timing was perfect - just as we drew level with the engine roaring, McCartney belting out the chorus to Jet, our eyes made contact and she saw me in that car with that mate. I can tell you my stock instantly rose to stratospheric levels and a couple of nights later I mustered up the courage to invite her up the Merry Monk and so began that age defining long, hot summer of love. The one, I might add, that all those poor sods of a similar age these days are currently being denied. But I digress.....

Comment

Inneresting

Comment

M40 is much better
            It used to be a nice motorway before they put bloomin' speed cameras everywhere. Has it been made 'smart' yet?

Comment

M40 is much better
              There is also the A40, it makes the Lada look reliable and luxurious.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Go for the pne with the biggest engine. It'll absorb the shock when you ram it into a drystone wall.
                Gratis.

On a serious note, a mate of mine put his XJ6 into a motorway bridge at a rate of knots a few(a lot of) years ago, he swears the only thing that saved him was the big straight six in front of him.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  It used to be a nice motorway before they put bloomin' speed cameras everywhere. Has it been made 'smart' yet?
                  Erm, none between just outside of Bham to M25 - very nice road offpeak in daylight

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    On a serious note, a mate of mine put his XJ6 into a motorway bridge at a rate of knots a few(a lot of) years ago, he swears the only thing that saved him was the big straight six in front of him.
                    Imagine if he was in 911 or F488

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Exactly this. I used to head over to it from Leicester to head down to Surrey as it was a better drive.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X