• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When will we be Clear for Long Haul Travel?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will we be Clear for Long Haul Travel?

Like many others, I take my annual holiday in the winter as that's when I'm in need of a bit of sunshine.

All the places I like to visit are currently closed to foreign visitors.

What's the feeling that most of these places will have opened up again come Jan/Feb 21 ? I'd like to book flights and I have found good prices to various destinations but my fear is that come the date of travel there will still be restrictions and they won't let me on the plane.

Comment

Stick yer head in a tartan cottage and seal all air holes, gricer.

Comment

Lots of airlines have really good flexibility with new bookings, allowing changes and cancellations, etc. Check the T&Cs.

HWMBO and I have scoped out two long haul trip options for Feb / Mar next year pending good deals and safety.
        Last edited by ladymuck; 22 July 2020, 08:46.

Comment

Why is this obvious tedious gricer sockie not banned yet?

Bring back TykeMerc!
          Last edited by fullyautomatix; 22 July 2020, 08:41. Reason: Gricer was auto corrected to grocer
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Lots of airlines have really good flexibility with new bookings, allowing changes and cancellations, etc. Check the T&Cs.

HWMBO and I have scoped out two long haul trips for Feb / Mar next year pending good deals and safety.
            But are you going to buy the tickets while restrictions are still in place in the hope that they'll be lifted by the time of your trip?

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
              But are you going to buy the tickets while restrictions are still in place in the hope that they'll be lifted by the time of your trip?
              It depends on whether I spot a flight offer to somewhere we've shortlisted. If the right deal comes up, I will be booking it.

Comment

Well, there's always Mexico - no restrictions there whatsoever.

Have already crossed the country by train/bus back in the 90s but would like to vspend a bit more time in some of the border areas, particularly Juarez after watching Narcos Mexico. Then maybe a ride on the Copper Canyon Railway which, as I understand it, is the last surviving passenger service in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
                  Well, there's always Mexico - no restrictions there whatsoever.

Have already crossed the country by train/bus back in the 90s but would like to vspend a bit more time in some of the border areas, particularly Juarez after watching Narcos Mexico. Then maybe a ride on the Copper Canyon Railway which, as I understand it, is the last surviving passenger service in the country.
                  I hope they stamp your ticket good and proper.

Comment

We've had flights to Florida for next January (and AirBnB) booked for some time, but the way Covid-19 is going out there suggests:-

a) the cruise we were going to join might not sail

b) we might not even be allowed to fly

Boo

Comment

Working...
                    X