• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bleeding punters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just call them digital warriors/ code ninja’s or such like

Anyhoo, the dev platform is by far the most simple part on the project

Things that will kill you are

Regulations (gambling / PSD2 / FCA etc) + lic to operate in each country offering will take a year (will need a eU company if only have a Uk lic for brexit hedge) + your freedom act passporting application
    Payments in and out - each method will cost £100K to implement and each entity wants a bite at the pie
    Reconciliations and more importantly safeguarding of clients funds is a complete nightmare as need to be held in physical bank accounts (not digital wallets)

The list is endless

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Just call them digital warriors/ code ninja’s or such like

Anyhoo, the dev platform is by far the most simple part on the project

Things that will kill you are

Regulations (gambling / PSD2 / FCA etc) + lic to operate in each country offering will take a year (will need a eU company if only have a Uk lic for brexit hedge) + your freedom act passporting application
      Payments in and out - each method will cost £100K to implement and each entity wants a bite at the pie
      Reconciliations and more importantly safeguarding of clients funds is a complete nightmare as need to be held in physical bank accounts (not digital wallets)

The list is endless

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      Thankfully I am only the advertiser for the deal itself.
      The senior investor is fairly seasoned and knows all this anyway. They are a good client of mine. Never any trouble.
      The business plan which I have seen is reasonably sound.
      Its just the CEO of the platform being a silly about how contractors are advertised for.
      Senior investor understandably dosen't want recruitment agencies involved.
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Innteresting
        Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        What???
        Hmm......inneresting

Innteresting split of answers - those who wanted to go out already done so, others (50%) are staying in for a while.
        Innteresting

25 times the size of Earth, but with little or no mass? Innteresting.

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
          Dev team should be so far out of IR35 its unbelievable etc. No problem.
          Being a part of the team and part and parcel of the company operations is by definition being caught inside IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
            Thankfully I am only the advertiser for the deal itself.
            The senior investor is fairly seasoned and knows all this anyway. They are a good client of mine. Never any trouble.
            The business plan which I have seen is reasonably sound.
            Its just the CEO of the platform being a silly about how contractors are advertised for.
            Senior investor understandably dosen't want recruitment agencies involved.
            This Gambling platform, does it involve Gladiators? Asking for a friend, I'm sure you understand.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              This Gambling platform, does it involve Gladiators? Asking for a friend, I'm sure you understand.
              As long as it already holds market I dont care if it involves Chelsea fans, gladiators or transvestites or even worse Aston Villa fans
              Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

Working...
              X