• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

.NET 5

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.NET 5

Soon to be release, is it the New Beginning or Too Little Too Late?
    New Start - £1000 per day opportunity!
    80.00%
    Too little too late - it's Java or something else
    0.00%
    the password to andyw's mums' secret hideout
    20.00%

Crossposted on mumsnet - reckon that will get more responses than professional IT contractor forum

Comment

I thought .Net Framework was dead... is this the final version as they shift everything to Core?

My client is still on .Net and more and more I'm finding stuff in the docs only to realise they are Core only
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's just Boris now

As in just .NET 5 to rule them all.

Comment

Is this the long awaited replacement for VB6?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I thought .Net Framework was dead... is this the final version as they shift everything to Core?

My client is still on .Net and more and more I'm finding stuff in the docs only to realise they are Core only
            It’s a continuation of Core. .Net framework is dead.

I like Core but as a primarily front end resource I rarely get my hands dirty with anything other than web API.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Is this the long awaited replacement for VB6?
              Or VBA that MarillionFan uses to automate his stores' inflated magins?

Comment

Originally posted by The Tartan Cottage View Post

I like Core but as a primarily front end resource I rarely get my hands dirty with anything other than web API.
                10 out of 10 Gricer sockies use .NET for making terdious posts

If that's not a success of a programming framework then I don't know what it is

Comment

Originally posted by The Tartan Cottage View Post

Well that's not at all confusing
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Well that's not at all confusing
                    It gets better. .Net Core (now .Net 5) includes almost everything that was in .Net Framework, including stuff that is not cross platform compatible, which was the original goal of .Net Core.

e.g. They've included WinForms as many still prefer that over the ever changing WPF/UWP 'modern' alternatives M$ keep sicking up.

Work wise, the .Net gravy train just got a new lick of paint.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                    X