• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Standing up to China

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standing up to China

Looks like Britain is full on with this policy, supporting the US

I have a feeling the US will do a U-Turn at some point.

I'm alright Jack

It's about time we did stand up to China. I don't really want the Chinese culture or military to be dominant throughout the world. Say what you like about capitalism and USA it's brought many of us wealth and helped raise the living standards throughout the world.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Say what you like about capitalism and USA it's brought many of us wealth and helped raise the living standards throughout the world.
      It has led to the UK outsourcing its nuclear power plants to China, its manufacturing to China and its finance to China.

...so are you wanting the UK to continue following that path, or changing direction?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The UK can't really afford to stand up to China, having trashed its biggest ally. This will be a "Vietnam" moment.
        Last edited by BlasterBates; 23 July 2020, 08:40.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          It has led to the UK outsourcing its nuclear power plants to China, its manufacturing to China and its finance to China.

...so are you wanting the UK to continue following that path, or changing direction?
          I think it's unfortunate that nuclear power plants are outsourced to France and China. But it's a heavily subsidised industry so I understand why.

I would like the UK to change direction with China.

Comment

I support orange idiot . He has the balls to stand up to china.

Comment

I don't support the Panda idiot. He kills too many of his citizens. Locks them up if they try to speak out and is generally an evil force in the world.

Comment

What about Putin, the Government seems to be silent on Russia. I wonder why.

Conservative Party ministers bankrolled by donors linked to Russia
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  I would like the UK to change direction with China.
                  But that would mean turning around from the current capitalism
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Can someone let me know if, with regards to China, we hold all the cards?

Comment

Working...
                    X