• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Masks in Public Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official Masks in Public Thread

Anything to report?

I have just visited Sainsburys in M-S-N and not everyone was wearing a mask. Probably the reverse of this time last week - 95% in face coverings, 5% without.

I wore a snood which I had loosely covering my mouth and nose. More to avoid having a run in with an affronted Radstockonian than anything else.

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Tesco Express - Esso filling station. Staff not wearing masks, one other customer wearing a mask, other three no masks.
      One scruffy customer no mask sniffing, rubbing his nose, wiping his mouth and then uses the PIN pad for card payments.

I have also noticed that when people are wearing masks, they think it is a license for not social distancing.

Quite a few roads with coned off lanes for use for pedestrians, however, no pedestrians use those roads.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Quite a few roads with coned off lanes for use for pedestrians, however, no pedestrians use those roads.
        Yes, they've done this in the Weston district of Bath where there is a parade of shops I occasionally frequent. Because of their bollards, you can't park and as a result people resort to parking in the only place where there is a drop kerb meaning I couldn't mount the kerb on my cycle. There was also an old man in an invalid carriage whose progress was similarly impeded.

These councils just don't think about the consequences....

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
          Anything to report?

I have just visited Sainsburys in M-S-N and not everyone was wearing a mask. Probably the reverse of this time last week - 95% in face coverings, 5% without.

I wore a snood which I had loosely covering my mouth and nose. More to avoid having a run in with an affronted Radstockonian than anything else.
          For a Gricer sockie based in Kent, you spend an awful lot of time in Somerset.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            For a Gricer sockie based in Kent, you spend an awful lot of time in Somerset.
            I think I made it clear some while ago that I was in Bromley on a temporary basis looking after my sister.

Back in God's own country now :

Comment

Not Official till I say so - mods ban this infringing tedious sockie already!

Comment

I did pop into Oban for a wee nosey earlier and it seemed there was 100% compliance. Too many queues for my liking though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tartan Cottage View Post
                  I did pop into Oban for a wee nosey earlier and it seemed there was 100% compliance. Too many queues for my liking though.
                  Fook off, Gricer.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Fook off, Gricer.
                    The Mods are particularly incompetent at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                    X