• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Garmin ransomware attack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin ransomware attack

Garmin services and production go down after ransomware attack | ZDNet

Fortunately won't affect any CUKers cos we're all couch potatoes.

Except Brillo but he doesn't count

Scary stuff tho - will get clientCo's pen test booked!

Affected me

Comment

Yeah, my run from yesterday still hasn't uploaded to Strava. I could do it manually, but...

Comment

Ransomware only works because of cryptotulips - hopefully it will be a wake up call to ban them en mass - ironically it would make Pooper millions due to plummeting “value”, if his “broker” pays out

Comment

I won't put my garmin in to charge after my 10 mile run there.

Comment

It synced my morning exercise yesterday, nothing since. Oh well, too bad. Will just have to wait until they've fixed it.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I have an Elemnt Bolt (Wahoo) for my cycling so doesn't impact me from that side, but I do have a Tacx NEO2 trainer so best not try and update firmware on that just in case
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

They had intensity minutes algo broken for weeks so it was like exercising for free

Comment

My eTrex 30x is too old to be affected by this.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    My eTrex 30x is too old to be affected by this.
                    Is it mechanical with 18k gold and diamonds?

Comment

Working...
                    X