• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK number 1 at saving the world.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It was clear before the fact that Cheltenham and other mass gatherings should be cancelled. It was clear that people shouldn't be shaking hands when Johnson was promoting it.
    I was at a packed SLF gig in Bristol the week lockdown was introduced.

Nobody gave a stuff - inluding frontman Jake Burns who greeted the crowd with "Good evening Bristol, hope you've washed your hands" before launching into Suspect Device.

How cowed we've since become.

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
      I was at a packed SLF gig in Bristol the week lockdown was introduced.

Nobody gave a stuff - inluding frontman Jake Burns who greeted the crowd with "Good evening Bristol, hope you've washed your hands" before launching into Suspect Device.

How cowed we've since become.
      That was on the 12th March and lockdown wasn't until 23rd March although Hancock will say it was the 16th March
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        That was on the 12th March and lockdown wasn't until 23rd March although Hancock will say it was the 16th March
        The Friday of that week was the last night the pubs were open and that was the start of lockdown as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: Ok, gig was week before - but the point remains the same. Nobody had been scared senseless by govt propaganda at that point.

Comment

Wonder how many of those that died from CV went to the pub regularly?

(Yes I know they could have got it from family members who did..

But then maybe just a little bit of self isolation for the vulnerable may have had the same effect....

But as I say hindsight is always 20/20)

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            ...But as I say hindsight is always 20/20)

Sure, and ignoring scientists because they aren’t political enough? It doesn’t take hindsight, it just requires people to take their heads out of their hinds and see the shambles. But first you have to acknowledge that maybe god Dominic and saint Boris might not be as perfect as you’ve been indoctrinated to believe.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
            X