• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

? The official trading and investment thread $£€ (Pooper free ?)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? The official trading and investment thread $£€ (Pooper free ?)

Hello fellow traders, investors and dirty spekulants

This thread is to ask intelligent questions to trading, be it stocks/shares, forex, commodities, or any other financial instrument.

My first question is this.

Anyone using / subscribed to Stockopedia - Stock Screening, Ratings, & Portfolio Analysis ?

I'm interested in the tools, reports and rankings there, anyone any comments or feedback?

PS Please keep this thread Pooper free. TIA.

Motley fool is free. I use that to screen my stocks.

Motley Fool News & Analysis | The Motley Fool
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Stockopedia has stock ranks which looks interesting

Stock Ranks & Quality| Stockopedia

Which seems to give excess returns

And quite detailed stock reports and analysis

Stock Reports & Insights | Stockopedia

I'm likely to give it a free trial, but if anyone has used this I'd be interested to know how they got on.

Comment

If they were good at “screening” they’d be keeping it secret and investing themselves, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          If they were good at “screening” they’d be keeping it secret and investing themselves, surely?
          It's not so much it gives you an advantage, as stopping you making stupid investments. You could argue it gives you an advantage over the naive retail investor. If you want to buy individual stocks you always need to screen them, whether by watching CNBC, Stockopedia or Motley Fool.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Personally I only watch AMD TV

Comment

I use sharesmagazine.co.uk, to look at the financials, and I find the RNS updates area for each stock is well laid out and easy to browse.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Ziggy,

Just curious as to how you're picking stocks? Fundamentals or price action? Are you purposely focusing on AIM?

No need to say if it's a trade secret.

Ta
                DoND
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                X