• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps flew out on holiday yesterday morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    TMI

And I wouldn't give a tulip if someone could cut his internet connection off repeatedly for 14 days.
    I'm the better looking one...

I weep when I see mismatched cut wood.

Comment

The cynic in me is wondering if this is the Tories having a bit of a tantrum because the EU negotiators won't give them their cake and let hem eat it. Spain was much worse earlier in the pandemic and yet now this shower think we should be locking down all travelers from Spain (even the islands where the infection rate is well below the UK rate).
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Infections in Spain are exploding - it’s crazy people are even allowed to go there for non-life critical stuff.

It’s 6 months into this tulip and there are still no designated hotels for ALL arrivals to quarantine

Comment

Numpty government

One man from Liverpool who flew back to the UK today said a region-specific approach should have been adopted with the Spanish quarantine measures.
          James Sloan, 34, said his family-of-five had been on holiday in Mojacar, more than 400 miles from the nearest Covid-19 outbreak in Barcelona.
          He told the PA news agency: “When we flew out to Spain 10 days ago from Manchester there was an outbreak in Leicester, 100 miles away, but that wasn’t seen to be a problem.
          “So why is it a problem when our nearest outbreak was 400 miles away from us in Spain?”

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Infections in Spain are exploding - it’s crazy people are even allowed to go there for non-life critical stuff.

It’s 6 months into this tulip and there are still no designated hotels for ALL arrivals to quarantine
            Is Spain worse than the US?

Are the Spanish islands bad?

Is it worse now than it was when Spain first went into lockdown and we let all Spanish visitors into the UK without quarantine?

I'm not saying that we shouldn't restrict travel to the worst parts of Spain, but treating the Canaries like the mainland seems odd. And not treating the US like mainland Spain is also at odds with the Tory quarantine policy.

Just saying .... but politics is still at the heart of these decisions and not just health and safety
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Numpty government

One man from Liverpool who flew back to the UK today said a region-specific approach should have been adopted with the Spanish quarantine measures.
              James Sloan, 34, said his family-of-five had been on holiday in Mojacar, more than 400 miles from the nearest Covid-19 outbreak in Barcelona.
              He told the PA news agency: “When we flew out to Spain 10 days ago from Manchester there was an outbreak in Leicester, 100 miles away, but that wasn’t seen to be a problem.
              “So why is it a problem when our nearest outbreak was 400 miles away from us in Spain?”

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
              That might have worked very well, were it not for Ryanair, who will frequently fly you to an airport in a different region, or even country, from the destination you had booked (e.g. Bilbao, as my wife found recently). In airport terms, Southend counts as London. In cultural terms, and almost every other measurable metric, it barely counts as Planet Earth.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Who pays for all that? Travel insurance? Best of luck, nobody has ever successfully claimed on a travel insurance policy*. And in a pandemic? No chance.

*Nobody I've ever met, anyway. I still have an annual policy out of fear, but in reality I know that's £135 a year down the drain.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  How many UK residents going to US now on holiday vs Spain?

Quarantine should be from both locations

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Are the Spanish islands bad?

Is it worse now than it was when Spain first went into lockdown and we let all Spanish visitors into the UK without quarantine?

I'm not saying that we shouldn't restrict travel to the worst parts of Spain, but treating the Canaries like the mainland seems odd. And not treating the US like mainland Spain is also at odds with the Tory quarantine policy.

Just saying .... but politics is still at the heart of these decisions and not just health and safety
                    Nobody in their right mind is going to the US, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Who pays for all that? Travel insurance? Best of luck, nobody has ever successfully claimed on a travel insurance policy*. And in a pandemic? No chance.
                      People who travel, obviously.

Should be cheap rates at Thistle Heathrow at the moment

Comment

Working...
                      X