• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Debenhams sale

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debenhams sale

“ Debenhams up for sale again as lockdown stymies rescue efforts

Beleaguered department store chain hopes to complete restructuring by September”

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Personally I am waiting for DFS

I had some Debenhams shares. Shareholders are getting nothing from this sale.

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine man View Post
      Waste of the electricity of they are produced on.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine man View Post

Hey Debenhams haven't really given anything to their customers either.

Every time I go in there I am transported back to the 1980s.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Hey Debenhams haven't really given anything to their customers either.

Every time I go in there I am transported back to the 1980s.
          I miss the 80s. I have never walked into a Debenhams. I hope I will get this experience.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
            I miss the 80s. I have never walked into a Debenhams. I hope I will get this experience.
            Some have a Sports Direct in them - well they did the last time I ran into one to use some vouchers I discovered.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Some have a Sports Direct in them - well they did the last time I ran into one to use some vouchers I discovered.

hardly classy.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                hardly classy.
                They are in the House of Frazer now too - thankfuly nobody was visting it for a while, so nobody gets upset about new lack of class

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  The practice of having departmental franchises is a contributing factor to Debenham's failure.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    The practice of having departmental franchises is a contributing factor to Debenham's failure.
                    Plus having a messy online presence and too many stores near each other.

Comment

Working...
                    X