• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Housebuilders scramble to throw cash at buyers in wake of stamp duty holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“ Developers are scrambling to throw cash at home buyers after Chancellor Rishi Sunak’s stamp duty holiday upended the system of housebuilder incentives.

Paying contributions to stamp duty bills is a well-established tactic to woo purchasers to buy new-build homes.

Unlike offering price discounts, the incentives help to keep sale prices high and give housebuilders an edge over the second hand homes market.”

FFS, surely “contribution” to a tax bill is taxable income?!?

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    “ Developers are scrambling to throw cash at home buyers after Chancellor Rishi Sunak’s stamp duty holiday upended the system of housebuilder incentives.

Paying contributions to stamp duty bills is a well-established tactic to woo purchasers to buy new-build homes.

Unlike offering price discounts, the incentives help to keep sale prices high and give housebuilders an edge over the second hand homes market.”

I wonder if they are going to extend the stamp duty holiday beyond March 2021. Tempted to get shot of my LTB - tenants are a right PITA.

Comment

they'll prop the hell out of it. Probably waiting atm to see signs of it needing help, it's probably still early.

We might see people being allowed to use their pensions to pay their debt. Or something around those terms.

They will find new ways to build entitlement in the category group that favours the establishment. -> old senile people

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Is there anything that doesn't trigger you and p you off? Take a chill pill mate - no good getting upset about things you can't control
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

P.S. Fook off, Gricer

Comment

Gricer sockie is banned.

Comment

Working...
            X