• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not a weapons expert but that looks a lot like a real firearm.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toy guns are supposed to have a red or orange stop at the end of the barrel. It seems that someone had unwisely removed it.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      I get all that, but to me it looked like a toy although I have the benefit of seeing it static on a page. The trigger on the toy is clearly cheap plastic and I'm guessing not many real guns are bright blue.

I understand too how the drug gangs use young kids, but if you want to win the hearts and minds of kids, rather than alienate them and make them think it's 'us' and 'them' with the police, then the met are going about it the right way?

It is a BB gun so the trigger has to be strong, the trigger is obviously metal from the colour, it would be difficult to get the colour & wear pattern on plastic. The trigger is possibly cast of metal like the Glock. It would need a closer inspection to be sure.

So you are in the Diane Abbot camp take tea & love not prepare for the worst.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Toy guns are supposed to have a red or orange stop at the end of the barrel. It seems that someone had unwisely removed it.

Toy guns yes are fitted with bright plastic tips, it should be integral so you can't remove them.

Your picture does show the quality I would expect from a toy gun, there is a lack of definition in the cast, weeping at the seams, the trigger is obviously plastic, the slide obviously won't operate, there is no magazine.

BB guns according to the adverts can just have a blue coloured slide and a maximum exit energy of < 2.5 joules to be legal. I think that needs reconsidering especially aa you can customise the slide on a Glock 19. Up really close I suspect the workmanship would not be as good as the Glock but compared to the toy gun its very difficult to tell from 10 feet.

Comment

Should have shot the little bastard and then planted a table leg on the corpse.

Gene Hunt.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Should have shot the little bastard and then planted a table leg on the corpse.

Gene Hunt.

It was a genuine risk because someone failed to think some kid with a gun that looked like a real one was not dangerous.

If her kid had been playing on the motorway and was detained by the police would she get any sympathy.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
              everything that gets out on mainstream media is pretty much controlled. to the comma.

whenever something controversial comes out that is divisive at same time, well... that is the actual intent.

the establishment is using the race war to distract people from the class war it is going on... let that sink in
              You fool. That's what the CIA want you to think.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

And now she is suing the Met

Mother of boy arrested by police who raided his home over a toy gun says she is suing Met Police | Daily Mail Online

Mother of 12-year-old boy arrested by police who raided his family home over a toy gun says she is suing Met Police

• Mina Agyepong, 42, is suing police after armed officers arrested 12-year-old son
                • Police raided home in Camden, north London on July 17 responding to report by member of public that 'non-white male had a firearm'
                • Kai, 12, was playing with plastic BB gun when he was cuffed and detained in van
                • Agyepongs have now asked lawyer Iain Gould to take legal action against Met to establish how far police response 'escalated because of skin colour'

oh well!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  It was a genuine risk because someone failed to think some kid with a gun that looked like a real one was not dangerous.

If her kid had been playing on the motorway and was detained by the police would she get any sympathy.
                  I'm not at odds with your statement.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    So you are in the Diane Abbot camp take tea & love not prepare for the worst.
                    I'm hoping to <name your preferred deity> that I'm never in the same camp as Abbot. I do however feel that we need to break the cycle of violence and clearly the current solution isn't working. Win the hearts and minds of kids, give them a future and not let then believe that they will always be treated like criminals, and maybe they won't fall into a life of crime.

Maybe a something like this could work ...

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

It's lucky they didn't buy him this one for Christmas really...

Crosman M4-177 Tactical - .177 Air Rifle - Multi Stroke Pneumatic Air Rifles | Pellpax

Comment

Working...
                      X