• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not a weapons expert but that looks a lot like a real firearm.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a weapons expert but that looks a lot like a real firearm.

Diane Abbott hits out at Met Police over arrest at gunpoint of 12-year-old boy | Daily Mail Online

It seems according to the genius Diane Abbott the police should have popped round for a up of tea rather than sending the gun squad. I wouldn't want my kids running round the street with that!

Former shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott has questioned the actions of armed Metropolitan Police officers after a 12-year-old boy was cuffed over a toy gun they thought was real.

The Labour MP for Hackney North and Stoke Newington, said their actions did not fall in line with 'community policing' and followed up her comments with the Black Lives Matter hashtag on Twitter.

Her criticism comes after a team of officers with sniffer dogs stormed the home of 12-year-old Kai Agyepong in Camden, north London, on the evening of July 17.
    She knows real villains use runners like this to carry their weapons & drugs for them, the younger the better so the Police don't suspect right?

Even after being shown the BB gun, the police still conducted a full search of the premises lasting more than an hour.

Alice said her son had 'undoubtedly' been racially profiled.

She said the Met had explained the incident by saying senior gang members often leave knives and firearms with younger boys in the hope they will be less likely to be discovered.

Yesterday, a senior Met police officer issued a statement to justify the actions of the firearms team.

Commander Kyle Gordon, the Met's lead for firearms, said: 'There have been a number of well-publicised shootings in London in recent months where members of the public have been injured.

'As the public would rightly expect, we take every report of a firearm seriously in order to protect our communities.

'Officers attending reports such as this must treat them as genuine until they can verify whether or not an actual firearm is present.
    No maam you & your son have been stupidity profiled because if he had been in the US he would be a statistic by now. geez!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

"That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me. You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. It dosen't show up on you airport X-ray machines, and it cost more than you make here in a month."

Comment

everything that gets out on mainstream media is pretty much controlled. to the comma.

whenever something controversial comes out that is divisive at same time, well... that is the actual intent.

the establishment is using the race war to distract people from the class war it is going on... let that sink in

Comment

I'm not an expert either, but it looks like a plastic toy gun to me. I used to have guns not dissimilar to that as a kid. I also had an air pistol and air riffle that me and me mates would take over the local cut and shoot at targets. How the world has changed.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          I'm not an expert either, but it looks like a plastic toy gun to me. I used to have guns not dissimilar to that as a kid. I also had an air pistol and air riffle that me and me mates would take over the local cut and shoot at targets. How the world has changed.
          There was a chap & some youth doing that the other day.

Sadly the plod helo didn't turn up nor the armed response plods.

As you say, things have changed.

Mostly the footpath on the towpath is a lot busier today than it was 45 years ago.

Happily enough, the family of swans weren't around or I'd have been much more concerned.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            There was a chap & some youth doing that the other day.

Sadly the plod helo didn't turn up nor the armed response plods.

As you say, things have changed.

Mostly the footpath on the towpath is a lot busier today than it was 45 years ago.

Happily enough, the family of swans weren't around or I'd have been much more concerned.
            You've got to watch those swans, man! Break yer arm soon as look at you!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              You've got to watch those swans, man! Break yer arm soon as look at you!
              Indeed.

I keep a glock handy just in case, like.

Six cygnets again this year.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Never been a fan of giving guns to kids, whether toy or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  So you don't think its a bit like a Glock 19/17, the gun it seems to be modelled on?
                  A plastic encased gun issued to the UK special forces?

Glock 17 Pistol | UK Armed Forces

Agree the world has changed, when I was a kid we didn't have seatbelts and beating kids was OK.

As mentioned in the original post, pre pubescent runners acting as armourers for drug dealers etc is common nowadays. They tend to pursue single parent kids in trouble at school which makes them an easy target. They do it because the Police don't suspect children of carrying guns. Look at county lines.

Don't give your kid a toy gun unless its obvious it is a toy, if you do then hope the Police don't make a mistake.
                  Last edited by vetran; 28 July 2020, 08:48.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    So you don't think its a bit like a Glock 19/17, the gun it seems to be modelled on?
                    A plastic encased gun issued to the UK special forces?

Glock 17 Pistol | UK Armed Forces

Agree the world has changed, when I was a kid we didn't have seatbelts and beating kids was OK.

As mentioned in the original post, pre pubescent runners acting as armourers for drug dealers etc is common nowadays. They tend to pursue single parent kids in trouble at school which makes them an easy target. They do it because the Police don't suspect children of carrying guns. Look at county lines.

Don't give your kid a toy gun unless its obvious it is a toy, if you do then hope the Police don't make a mistake.
                    I get all that, but to me it looked like a toy although I have the benefit of seeing it static on a page. The trigger on the toy is clearly cheap plastic and I'm guessing not many real guns are bright blue.

I understand too how the drug gangs use young kids, but if you want to win the hearts and minds of kids, rather than alienate them and make them think it's 'us' and 'them' with the police, then the met are going about it the right way?
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X