• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rise of the anti-maskers: The psychology of why face coverings are causing so much up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sign at a cafe:

We trust you to make your own choices if you want to wear a face mask. And, in the same spirit of individual liberty, we allow our staff to make their own choices about the safety procedures they prefer to follow as they prepare and serve your food.

We encourage employees to wash their hands after using the bathroom, but understand that some people may be allergic to certain soaps or may simply prefer not to wash their hands. It is not our place to tell them what to do.

We understand that you may be used to chicken that has been cooked to 165 degrees. We do have to respect that some of our cooks may have seen a meme or a YouTube video saying that 100 degrees is sufficient, and we do not want to encroach on their beliefs.

Some of our cooks may prefer to use the same utensils for multiple ingredients, including ingredients some customers are allergic to. That is a cook’s right to do so.

Some servers may wish to touch your food as they serve it. There is no reason that a healthy person with clean hands can’t touch your food. We will take their word for it that they are healthy and clean.

Water temperature and detergent are highly personal choices, and we allow our dishwashing team to decide how they’d prefer to wash the silverware you will put in your mouth.

Some of you may get sick, but almost everyone survives food poisoning. We think you’ll agree that it’s a small price to pay for the sweet freedom of no one ever being told what to do - and especially not for the silly reason of keeping strangers healthy
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

A proper 1%er cretin:

https://twitter.com/simondolan/statu...50014164848641

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        What's your reason - Trump loving conspiracy Mor On?
        Interesting to note - you resort to insults when you cant offer an intelligent response.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
          Interesting to note - you resort to insults when you cant offer an intelligent response.
          He's not the prick posting a vague suggestion of illness and, therefore, mask avoidance, on a discussion regarding face coverings.

Go visit a hospital - actually, don't, you could be asymptomatic and spread the virus - and see various medical grade forms of face coverings. They range from basic surgical masks through to full grade FPP3 and N100 masks, depending on the area of the hospital.

I suppose if masks don't work, according to you, the hospital are just wasting money on something? Honest to Christ, what is wrong with some middle-aged [invariably white] men?!

Rather than be a pussy-cat, why not write what you actually think and then we can dissect it? What you have done, with no context of prior right, is provide the vague suggestion you have no pre-existing illness but want to get on public transportation with those who may be at risk, en route to a GP or hospital appointment, and you think you're more knowledegable than the various societies that heavily promote use of a facemask and see lesser covid19 spread as a result.

You're a fanny. As are most old men your age on a bus, to be fair, with such forms.

Comment

More likely, he's a plain speaking man who calls a moron a moron.

Comment

It was a question, wasn't it?

Sort of like, are you a cretin?

You could argue not, but it's interesting to note that you didn't try.

Comment

It’s not an insult if it’s true, even though truth feels like that to Mor Ons

Comment

Supermarket workers facing torrent of 'mask rage' as historical levels of abuse recorded

Mor Ons at it again - it’s their birth right to disobey rules of private establishments

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Sign at a cafe:
                    I posted that on my local facebook residents page.

The number of angry responses was quite shocking. All defending their rights to not wear a mask, and not one of them realising the post was satirical.

Since then I put any and all people not wearing a mask in the category of idiotic clints who aren’t worth arguing with, and I pretty much hope they catch the disease. We could then call it karma-19.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      I posted that on my local facebook residents page.

The number of angry responses was quite shocking. All defending their rights to not wear a mask, and not one of them realising the post was satirical.

Since then I put any and all people not wearing a mask in the category of idiotic clints who aren’t worth arguing with, and I pretty much hope they catch the disease. We could then call it karma-19.
                      I bet they see themselves as common sense stiff upper lip Blitz spirit types. They would have been bugger all use in the blackout, defending their freedom to leave the lights on and curtains open and questioning the evidence base of the blackout's efficacy against the so called enemy bombers.

Comment

Working...
                      X