• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which one of you angrier members was this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which one of you angrier members was this?

I was in the centre of Tunbridge Wells yesterday afternoon, and the driver of a silver mercedes felt he was unable to proceed, as the gap a small truck had left on the right, was only about 6" wider than his car. So he sat there, blasting his horn. Eventually he got so that he mounted the kerb to get past, then floored it. Unfortunately, the street curved around to the right, and he lost grip and did a beautiful drift into some large plant pots outside a pub.

Warmed the cockles of my heart. (Good job the planters were there, otherwise someone could have been seriously hurt).
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I was in the centre of Tunbridge Wells yesterday afternoon, and the driver of a silver mercedes felt he was unable to proceed, as the gap a small truck had left on the right, was only about 6" wider than his car. So he sat there, blasting his horn. Eventually he got so that he mounted the kerb to get past, then floored it. Unfortunately, the street curved around to the right, and he lost grip and did a beautiful drift into some large plant pots outside a pub.

Warmed the cockles of my heart. (Good job the planters were there, otherwise someone could have been seriously hurt).
    Was he Disgusted?

Comment

I didn't see his (or her) face. But I imagine it was something like this:

Comment

I was in the centre of Tunbridge Wells yesterday afternoon,.
        If that's not a standard opening by a sockie I don't know what it is....
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I told you the mods are the source of the sockies. Keeps them employed.

Comment

Who do we know who likes crashing a Mercedes every now and then?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The narrow road is basically the fault of the EU.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...FCZwuDcmyz1xh7

STATE AID RULES
              ■ EU rules currently prevent some forms of support and
              investment by the UK Government in UK business.
              The UK would have more scope to provide direct
              support for UK infrastructure post-Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                The narrow road is basically the fault of Brexit.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...FCZwuDcmyz1xh7
                FTFY...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Maybe ask your accountant.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'm just here trying to help your UK economy. I'm even rejecting offers for tax free shopping. (But that's mainly because I get so little back it's just not worth the effort).

Comment

Working...
                    X