• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Delay the US election

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    If there's a way, he'll find it.
    It's not like he has any knowledge or expertise. He might say he's found a way though.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

There is a fourth but requires a grassy knoll
      Originally posted by mjcp View Post
      He will claim the election is invalid, remain in power and be unremovable by the (only) three options to remove a sitting president.

Until the Supremes rule he lost, he's the sitting pres. Once that's ruled, yes, he's just a citizen.
      Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
        He will claim the election is invalid, remain in power and be unremovable by the (only) three options to remove a sitting president.

Until the Supremes rule he lost, he's the sitting pres. Once that's ruled, yes, he's just a citizen.
        No, his office ends on 20 Jan 2021 without re-election.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          He doesn't need to be impeached. Trump and Pence are constitutionally out of a job on January 20, 2021 without being reelected. End of story. Of course, they can cause all sorts of chaos until then, making the transition a non-transition, but the end result is clear.
          This is the answer to every post on this thread. Trump has nothing to do with the election, it's entirely run by the states. He has no power to change the dates or anything else. Unless he wins the election, he's out on January 20. No ifs ands or buts.

Apart from the constitution, if he loses the election and refuses to leave, I personally will fly to Washington and burn the white house to the ground. Me and 196 million proud American patriots. We can always build another White House but we can't replace our democracy.

Comment

Yet he has sent federal forces into Portland who cannot be identified when he realised he couldn't use the army. Now they bundle people into unmarked vehicles who they don't like - this is Fascism.

Like I said, he'll find a way.
            FTFY
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Like I said, Putin will find a way.
              FTFY
              England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                There is a fourth but requires a grassy knoll
                Don't forget the Patsy. You need a Patsy.

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
                I personally will fly to Washington and burn the white house to the ground.
                We did that in August 1814, that's why it's white.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

He'd have to delay ALL elections on that day - it's not just Presidential: large group of Senate, plus Congress.

Comment

Republicans to Trump: You can't delay 2020 election - BBC News

GOP wants to get rid of him ASAP too, only he won't oblige and take the party down with him

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      So looks like Donald wants to delay the election.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...18160389558273

Things need to be back to normal otherwise the election will be "unfair".
                      1 - He can't delay it. The Constitution says he can't.
                      2 - If, for any reason, it is delayed, he ceases to be President on 20th Jan 2021 regardless. The new (acting) President will be the Speaker, which is currently Nancy Pelosi. Pick the bones out of that, Trumpy...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X