• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Waiving the need for SC clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Fixed that for you

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Close. That's when we only had steam powered computers. And we had to program in binary. Thing was, there were no 1s, so we 'ad to 'ammer the 0s flat. And you tell t'youth of today...
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
      I'm currently working on a sensitive government project for a consultancy for which I had to have SC clearance in order to access various systems to do any work. The deadline for the project is about 3 months away so they've decided to do the usual, throw more bodies at it because of course that makes everything get done faster. However the strangest part of all this is that suddenly the client has waved the need for SC clearance as the additional staff are from said consultancy's office abroad. Anyone else experienced anything happen like this on a project? Or am I turning into PC?

The first rule of SC club?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

SC is quite a low clearance level. Investment Banks often require greater vetting levels.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
          SC is quite a low clearance level. Investment Banks often require greater vetting levels.
          It is the bottom level as far a clearance levels are concerned, however there was a great song and dance made about me not getting access until my SC clearance from my previous role had been transferred and now all of a sudden it's being waived. Mind you it makes it easier for them to replacement so it might not be a bad thing as the project is bat sh!t crazy
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

To be fair, I've been saying this for years. If you don't have access to classified data, and are properly supervised to make sure you don't go looking where you shouldn't, you don't need clearance beyond a basic id check. It's not new news, nor is it some sudden re-evaluation of the clearance criteria. It is also why only about 5% of all roles actually need you to be cleared from day one.

It also puts the whole "cleared candidates only" nonsense from the agencies into sharp focus...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              The project finished on time as always. Now F* off.
              That's the trouble with you mate, you always want the last word, even when it makes you look a dick!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
              X