• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Re-imposition of lockdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    Some twisted logic going on by the libtards, along the lines of you would not have announced this on Christmas eve and now the government are racist. Yes, a racist government trying to save lives.

We will be in lockdown for Christmas anyway so that makes it even more ridicules.
    They won't announce it on Christmas Eve but when state schools break up for Christmas.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It really hasn't dawned on some people how serious Coronavirus is, my sister-in-law (aged 30) went to one of her friends 30th birthday party last weekend as she tried palming the kids off on my mother-in-law. Her friends like her are a bit thick so they wouldn't have socially distanced, however my sister-in-law is probably high risk category as she is very overweight and of afro-carribean descent. Until someone close to here gets it and is near death she won't wake up, add to the fact my other sister-in-law (aged 41) has stage 4 oesophageal cancer and is shielding so we're isolating so my wife can visit her it shows how ignorant some people are
      Last edited by The Spartan; 31 July 2020, 08:26. Reason: added ages for context
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post

It really hasn't dawned on some people how serious Coronavirus is, ...
        My 86 year old neighbour with chronic COPD has been toddling down to the crowded market in our nearest town at every opportunity, and eating in packed cafes.

As a rule I don't like offering unsolicited advice to adults, or receiving it, as it is patronising even if well intended. But whenever the opportunity arises I've assured him I won't be going out like that and emphatically explained why.

Also, he watches the news and reads newspapers avidly, so he can't be unaware of the likely result of him of catching the lurgie. So I can only assume he isn't that bothered if he catches it and pops off.
        Last edited by OwlHoot; 31 July 2020, 09:39.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Your Covid-19 Risk
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Boris Johnson postpones latest coronavirus lockdown easing in England | World news | The Guardian

Not just the North, but now a national stop for the relaxing of rules.
            Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              I like the link - not knocking that

But I don't like the real obvious undertones that our society nowadays only cares for the welfare of themselves , or their immediates.

"Whats MY risk?"

"What do I stand to get out of voting conservative?"

We should be acting seriously (now I blame the Government by the way, for nearly everything , since they went all Donald Trump in Feb, and reading the womble's 3rd Feb PM Speech on gov.uk) - because of the global impact spreading this on has.

Japan got it right, but never get mentioned for some reason.... They continue to get it right.

Comment

It really hasn't dawned on some people how serious Coronavirus is, my sister-in-law (aged 30) went to one of her friends 30th birthday party last weekend as she tried palming the kids off on my mother-in-law. Her friends like her are a bit thick so they wouldn't have socially distanced, however my sister-in-law is probably high risk category as she is very overweight and of afro-carribean descent. Until someone close to here gets it and is near death she won't wake up, add to the fact my other sister-in-law (aged 41) has stage 4 oesophageal cancer and is shielding so we're isolating so my wife can visit her it shows how ignorant some people are
                It's serious for some people. For others it's a minor inconvenience. Fcuking the world economy is a much more serious issue!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  It's serious for some people. For others it's a minor inconvenience. Fcuking the world economy is a much more serious issue!
                  Spot on there Zigenare, I truly believe the tulip will hit the fan come October when the furlough scheme is wound down. Somehow the younger sister-in-law is on full pay from the company where she works even though I explained to the mother-in-law over the phone that they're obviously doing something fraudulent as she should not be getting more than 80%.
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Spot on there Zigenare, I truly believe the tulip will hit the fan come October when the furlough scheme is wound down. Somehow the younger sister-in-law is on full pay from the company where she works even though I explained to the mother-in-law over the phone that they're obviously doing something fraudulent as she should not be getting more than 80%.
                    Perhaps the Government is funding the 80% and the firm are topping up to ensure they retain their staff.

I don't think that's breaking any rules.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Aren't some firms making pay up to 100% for their staff as a goodwill gesture?
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X