• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Re-imposition of lockdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think will happen after October 31st when the furlough scheme ends?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesBrown11 View Post
      What do you think will happen after October 31st when the furlough scheme ends?
      If you're not back at work or have plans to return I would be very worried. Those I know who have returned are doing work of those still on Furlough as well as their own at the moment.
      Last edited by BlueSharp; 1 August 2020, 19:02.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        How is it fraudulent for a company to top it up, which wasn't required but certainly hoped for?
        They're not topping it up that's for sure, apparently they've put her down as full time when she's only part time and have done so for a fair few of their staff. Seems like a way to make some money.
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Coronavirus: Pubs 'may need to shut' to allow schools to reopen - BBC News

Another Sage [Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies] member, Prof Calum Semple, from the University of Liverpool, said there would probably be a second wave of the virus in October and "some hard decisions will need to be made about what restrictions need to be reintroduced".

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            They're not topping it up that's for sure, apparently they've put her down as full time when she's only part time and have done so for a fair few of their staff. Seems like a way to make some money.
            So you have 2 choices ....

1) shrug your shoulders and say meh, not my problem

or

2) contact HMRC

Your current option of whinging to strangers on social media isn't really going to solve the problem is it fella?
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              Spot on there Zigenare, I truly believe the tulip will hit the fan come October when the furlough scheme is wound down. Somehow the younger sister-in-law is on full pay from the company where she works even though I explained to the mother-in-law over the phone that they're obviously doing something fraudulent as she should not be getting more than 80%.
              Companies are allowed to top up the furlough money to pay 100% salary. 80% is what companies can claim from the government.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                So you have 2 choices ....

1) shrug your shoulders and say meh, not my problem

or

2) contact HMRC

Your current option of whinging to strangers on social media isn't really going to solve the problem is it fella?

3/ wait until October whilst desperately looking for a new job, then when they make you redundant contact HMRC.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                  Boris Johnson postpones latest coronavirus lockdown easing in England | World news | The Guardian

Not just the North, but now a national stop for the relaxing of rules.
                  North of what? UK?

Scotland is doing fine. I hope they impose border controls soon, as the coughing caravaners and motorcyclists coming up to stay over in hotels along the NC500 route are already spreading it, unfortunately.

There's no need to stay locked indoors, but similarly there is no need to head too far from home for a relaxing break. At least the caravaners and campers hopefully have minimal contact with the indoors, unless they - as I have heard - continue to eat in restaurants and pubs with no separation panels.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    What’s the difference?
                    Pride and dignity. You can be poor working class but have both of those, manners and respect.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X