• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My 3D Printed Gun

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 3D Printed Gun

So i have finished my nerf gun conversion

So this is what i was aiming for

This is what i started with

Designed & 3D printed parts

Take Nerf apart & base coat it all, then black & assemble

Final paint to Front

Back

Barrel End

Scope End

I am please how this one came out, my 1st go at designing something in 3D & it was fun - oh & its fully working as a Nerf Gun too
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

wow, don't let the police in!

very cool
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Very cool.

Now add sound effects and an AR display/camera hooked up to a Raspberry Pi...
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Very cool.

Now add sound effects and an AR display/camera hooked up to a Raspberry Pi...
        Beyond my level of nerd!
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          So i have finished my nerf gun conversion

So this is what i was aiming for

Holy carp! If the cops see you in the street toting that, just tell them it's an art deco table leg.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
            Final paint to Front

I am please how this one came out, my 1st go at designing something in 3D & it was fun - oh & its fully working as a Nerf Gun too
            That is amazing, it reminds me of London Comic Con.

Carry the Emperor´s will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Seriously awesome work.

I know I've said it before but there are people who will pay *a lot* of money for stuff like this in the larp/cosplay world and your stuff is getting into tv and film quality work.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Seriously awesome work.

I know I've said it before but there are people who will pay *a lot* of money for stuff like this in the larp/cosplay world and your stuff is getting into tv and film quality work.
                WDBS ^^ there is a massive market for it and not everyone can craft such beauty as that, you might want to consider it if you have the time that is. I for one would definitely buy!
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                  WDBS ^^ there is a massive market for it and not everyone can craft such beauty as that, you might want to consider it if you have the time that is. I for one would definitely buy!
                  I presume the 3d printed parts are custom made so IP protectable and can sell them (either via download of 3d printer 'do this' file, or shipping the actual model kit/assembled printed parts) in bulk to upscale without being tied to 'man' hours available to assemble/paint each finished item. If someone wants the finished item then they pay the custom job price. Kerching!

Not hard to see how 3d printing will eventually replace most simple manufacturing to bring it closer to the consumer, sort of like a low tech Star Trek replicator, so a good skill and business to get into while it's a niche.

Unfortunately my creative streak doesn't exist in the physical world and all I could create was a mess.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

That is very, very cool. Nice work!

Comment

Working...
                    X