• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester lockdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manchester lockdown

My town is literally on the border so just out of the zone.

I’m concerned about the Mancunians coming over the border for their non socially distant means and pub visits super spreading in my town.

Coronavirus: Lockdown tightened in parts of northern England - BBC News

Not afraid of your mafia neighbours anymore?

Comment

Well it depends upon if they follow "I'm a ******* moron" Hancock's advice:

Matt Hancock also confirmed that households in the areas of the north of England affected by the additional lockdown measure cannot visit each other at home – but they can visit households outside the affected areas as long as they observe social distancing.
      He told BBC Breakfast: “Strictly, the law that we’re bringing in is that two households cannot meet in the area defined but obviously any two households should follow the social distancing rules.”
      Or official government advice:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I can't see strict lockdowns being much obeyed any more. That horse has bolted now.

The only alternative will be to block off roads and literally confine people within certain districts, with handheld IR thermometer temperature checks at checkpoints before anyone is allowed in or out. The snag is not everyone with the virus has an elevated temperature.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          I can't see strict lockdowns being much obeyed any more. That horse has bolted now.
          I think so too. The people where doing it unwillingly to begin with, now that they've had a wee taste of freedom....forget about it.

People will not follow the rules now; maybe they will if and when the situation really gets worse and there will be hundreds of daily deaths again.

Comment

It's not rules if the are not enforced.

Lockdown is police/army checkpoints on streets.

Too many rules now, change too much - who can possibly remember what is ok in which area now? Clarity of message is important, especially when talking about things people don't like doing.

1.8 mln people bookng holidays abroad FFS, it's like nothing happened.

Comment

Working...
            X