• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speaking the truth here, IR35, contract to perm. What everyone is thinking...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Exactly. If it wasn't for minutes everything would happen all at once, and we wouldn't be able to keep up!

I've never had any problem merging in with permie teams, like a chamelion, and vice versa as a consistent record of contract renewals attests.

My only issue with going to the dark side is the "bridge burning" aspect, in that employment contracts often require one's PSC to be dissolved.
    Don't dissolve it? Employers dont sue their employees in practice even if they legally are able to. Also typically they would need to be able to prove damages as a result of breach... That would be really difficult. They probably don't even know what's in their employment contract and are just using whatever is standard and don't actually care about the terms.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Jesus’s , that’s 2 mins of my life I will never get back, pointless gibberish

Apologies if you are drunk, you will need to wait till I’m drunk to reread

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      You read all of that?

Given the poster I'll assume he's upset that he can't get the role he deserves and it's everyone else's fault, especially the 'boomers'*

* To Gigi a boomer is anyone older than him
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

My only issue with going to the dark side is the "bridge burning" aspect, in that employment contracts often require one's PSC to be dissolved.
        You are open with them. You tell them you have a company can't close it down immediately due to X and Y but you won't work through it during your employment with them. (Doesn't stop anyone else in your family working through it.) They then will change your contract.

When I first started in IT I was permie and got my employment contract changed as I pointed out I fell foul of one of their clauses.
        Last edited by SueEllen; 31 July 2020, 09:20.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Last edited by GigiBronz; Yesterday at 22:52.
          That was the improved version?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

That was the improved version?
            The original version was in Aramaic.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I dissolved mine before, then resurrected it (with the same name) it's not a one time deal.

Going permie soon - likely to dissolve MyCo again - suspect it will be for the final time unless the regime changes.

Comment

The original version was in Aramaic.
                Looked like it was a translation from Klingon Opera to me.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I always have a laugh when a company offers "free lunch", "gym membership" or "private healthcare plan".

This means that probably staff is underpaid and can't afford these.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Looked like it was a translation from Klingon Opera to me.
                    Translated using the Babelfish alpha in a Netscape Navigator.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
                      Don't dissolve it? Employers dont sue their employees in practice even if they legally are able to. Also typically they would need to be able to prove damages as a result of breach... That would be really difficult. They probably don't even know what's in their employment contract and are just using whatever is standard and don't actually care about the terms.
                      Or sell your company for £1 to your cat or mother-in-law and buy it back when you need it.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X