• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House market bounce?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House market bounce?

Is this a real bounce, or a false dawn?

Wife's Mom has re-started at the solicitors she works at having been on furlough since March. Spoke to her yesterday and she said at their place the conveyancing team has a glut of work, as has the family team (will writing is busy, but divorces are going through the roof too!).

Interesting times

House prices bounced back in July, says Nationwide - BBC News
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Yes... boom times ahead!

Comment

Rush to physical assets perhaps? Gold is on a new bull run, I suspect residential property will go up in value not down.

Better to be owning land and property than watching the buying power of money drop due to global QE...

Comment

Get ready for “wealth taxes” - owning anything other bedsit you live in will be like painting bulls eye

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Rush to physical assets perhaps? Gold is on a new bull run, I suspect residential property will go up in value not down.

Better to be owning land and property than watching the buying power of money drop due to global QE...
          What with the banks money?

Comment

Gricer...

Comment

Originally posted by 6128k View Post
              What with the banks money?
              Exactly. Banks create the money (fractional reserve banking), so it's effectively worthless. You take something worthless and exchange it for a massive family home set in 5 acres. Who is the idiot, you or the bank?

Comment

UK banks quietly draw up contingency plans for negative interest rates

Already happened in Europe. Pay to sit on cash, or pay to own a physical asset with borrowed money....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  UK banks quietly draw up contingency plans for negative interest rates

Already happened in Europe. Pay to sit on cash, or pay to own a physical asset with borrowed money....
                  “ A bank worker recently told me it would take 12 months for their IT systems to be able to support negative rates. ”

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    “ A bank worker recently told me it would take 12 months for their IT systems to be able to support negative rates. ”

Written by an IT contractor?

Comment

Working...
                    X