• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pidgin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Sorry, shouldn't laugh but try reading this BBC stuff without putting on an outrageous accent in your head.

Domot - BBC News Pidgin
    The BBC's relentless woke obsessions with multiculturalism and feminism grow more ridiculous every year.

No wonder young people don't bother with it any more, and neither increasingly does anyone else besides those too stupid or set in their ways to change.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

trying hard to remember WTF he watched on BBC last.

Er, I think it was the last ep of Doctor Who, whenever that was.

Loved the black lady Doctor, a refreshing change.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        I could barely tolerate them spending cash on welsh, but whats the size of market for pidgin English.
        Apparently 60 million Nigerians speak it.

Pidgin English is common in plenty of other countries. One of the main differences is that the grammar is usually quite simplified.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

No wonder young people don't bother with it any more, and neither increasingly does anyone else besides those too stupid or set in their ways to change.
          People under 50 watch the Beeb on iPlayer or YouTube.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Probably everything is a bit racist by today's standards. I click a link from Google to the BBC and it took me there, and I was like "Is this a comedy page?"

I mean, this is English but just with terrible spelling isn't it? I can understand it, can the native Pidgin speakers somehow not understand English?

What next, Yorkshire World Service...

"Aye up lad, sommat 'appen in China, everyone off 'twerk, flippin eck Boris is wassack"
            No it's not just the spelling, the grammar in Pidgin forms of English is usually quite a bit simpler.

Maybe we should lobby the BBC for some English regional dialect versions like Geordie or Brummie for starters

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
              Apparently 60 million Nigerians speak it.

Pidgin English is common in plenty of other countries. One of the main differences is that the grammar is usually quite simplified.
              Fair enough. Still makes me laugh reading it. I blame Ali G.

Comment

Working...
              X