Question for fee diff between hargreaves lansdown vs Interactive Investors Question for fee diff between hargreaves lansdown vs Interactive Investors
Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Still gathering requirements...

Sagara has no reputation

Default Question for fee diff between hargreaves lansdown vs Interactive Investors

Hi,

Just comparing share threading on these two platforms. HL's fees looks a lot higher as they take percentage of your holdings compare to II's flat fee which also gives you a free trade. Would you agree?

Could anyone also shed a light on FX conversion fees between these two when buying US shares? Am I correct to say that you pay %1 FX charge on HL but you do the currency conversion first on II which is 1.5% and then buy the shares. In that perspective HL seems to be more advantages?

I am trying to make a decision between these two and would be good to learn your experience if you have used both.

Regards,
    Kemal

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

Have you asked spoken to them asking them this?

To be fair I aim to make so much dirty mulah from my investments the few points of a percent difference on rates will be irrelevant.

HTH
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Sagara has no reputation

I opened an account with HL and noticed the FX charge after that. It wasn't mentioned in the fees section: ISA Charges & Fees For The Stocks & Shares ISA | HL

They only seem to be answering messages because of the covid situation.

Looking at II website, they support multi currency with %1.5 Fx conversion charge on smallish numbers but it is not clear if you buy US shares with sterling. It would be good to hear from anyone dealing on these platforms.

Fingers like lightning

TheGreenBastard 's job has never been outsourced

If it's ISA level investing have you looked into Trading212?

Sagara has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    If it's ISA level investing have you looked into Trading212?
    Many thanks for this. I think I will go with Trading 212 as it looks to have no holding fee or FX charge.