• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for fee diff between hargreaves lansdown vs Interactive Investors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for fee diff between hargreaves lansdown vs Interactive Investors

Hi,

Just comparing share threading on these two platforms. HL's fees looks a lot higher as they take percentage of your holdings compare to II's flat fee which also gives you a free trade. Would you agree?

Could anyone also shed a light on FX conversion fees between these two when buying US shares? Am I correct to say that you pay %1 FX charge on HL but you do the currency conversion first on II which is 1.5% and then buy the shares. In that perspective HL seems to be more advantages?

I am trying to make a decision between these two and would be good to learn your experience if you have used both.

Regards,
    Kemal

Have you asked spoken to them asking them this?

To be fair I aim to make so much dirty mulah from my investments the few points of a percent difference on rates will be irrelevant.

HTH
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I opened an account with HL and noticed the FX charge after that. It wasn't mentioned in the fees section: ISA Charges & Fees For The Stocks & Shares ISA | HL

They only seem to be answering messages because of the covid situation.

Looking at II website, they support multi currency with %1.5 Fx conversion charge on smallish numbers but it is not clear if you buy US shares with sterling. It would be good to hear from anyone dealing on these platforms.

Comment

If it's ISA level investing have you looked into Trading212?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
          If it's ISA level investing have you looked into Trading212?
          Many thanks for this. I think I will go with Trading 212 as it looks to have no holding fee or FX charge.

Comment

Working...
          X